Under A Blood Red Sky vs. The B-Sides (1980-1990)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which album do you prefer?

• Under A Blood Red Sky

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • The B-Sides (1980-1990)

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
So, of the two still unranked albums, which will be the victor?

Personally, I think that a lot of the b-sides aren't that interesting, while the band's only official live album is 35 minutes of pure U2 energy.

Ranking so far:

1. Achtung Baby

2. The Joshua Tree (finished second to Achtung Baby in the NCAA style tournament)

3. The Unforgettable Fire (beat out ATYCLB and a group of others to claim the No. 3 slot)

4. All That You Can't Leave Behind (beat Pop in a recent poll, along with a few others)

5. Pop (beat Zooropa in a previous poll)

6. Zooropa (beat War in a previous poll)

7. War (beat Rattle and Hum in a previous poll)

8. Boy (beat Rattle and Hum in a previous poll)

9. Rattle and Hum (beat The B-Sides 1980-1990 in a previous poll, beat October as well)

10. October

Unranked Albums:

Under A Blood Red Sky

The B-Sides 1980-1990

Don't own the b-sides (yet :mac: ), but I have to go with UABRS anyway since Party Girl's on it it. :yes: :up: :yes: :up:

the b-sides, definitely!

btw fallingstar, the b-sides cd has party girl too...although it's the scary, ultra-creepy studio version and not the groovy live one on uabrs! :D :up:

Under a Blood Red Sky. Raw energy, great performance.

I enjoy a lot of the B-Sides, but not all of them on the album. I mean, they're b-sides for a reason, right?

Love the b-sides more because it could be viewed as experimental material. Just because it is a b-side it doesn't necessarily mean that its inferior, but it just didn't fit or (Sweetest Thing) wasn't finished.

KhanadaRhodes said:
the b-sides, definitely!

btw fallingstar, the b-sides cd has party girl too...although it's the scary, ultra-creepy studio version and not the groovy live one on uabrs! :D :up:

:yes: :lol: :up: :yes: :lol: :up: :yes: :lol:

B-sides *thumbs up*

madonna's child said:
I enjoy a lot of the B-Sides, but not all of them on the album. I mean, they're b-sides for a reason, right?
me too. i have a bootleg comprised of b-sides, mostly 80's, and there's a lot of stuff that's on there and not on the official one (like treasure, boomerang 2, boy/girl, etc.) and it's really groovy! can't wait till i get my ipod so i can listen to everything at once. :silent:

I've been gone the past few days, so that's why you haven't heard for me. As for this poll, it's still too close too call. So, I'm giving this thread a huge BUMP.

Back
Top Bottom