Under A Blood Red Sky - The Complete Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hi guys :yes: :yes: :yes:

Hi, guys . I realized "U2 ENCORE 1981-1998" is really hard to release now, so I had a brand new idea, this time is SO EASY TO REALEASE !!! . I already put it on zootopia forum. This what I wrote:

"Hola amigos I?ve been listened Under A Blood Red Sky. Nobody can?t say is an awesome mini-LP... sadly that?s the point...is a mini LP with just 8 songs. Since U2 must have the master tapes from Loreley 20-08-1983 concert ( U2 included 5 songs on Under A Blood Red Sky Album ) and so far there?s not a complete official live album would be THE PERFECT THING release this complete concert ( 13 songs, 61 minutes aprox )as 21th anniversary of Under A Blood Red Sky album. For sure U2 someday will release Live At Red Rocks on DVD, so this album would be the perfect partner !!!!!. On the other hand, most of the news say U2 will release the new album on September or October, so meanwhile this Complete concert album would be an extraordinary appetizer. Please, now we?re asking you something REALLY EASY TO RELEASE !!!. We know if U2 want it, can release this album next month !! Please U2 !!!!"

I don?t know yet if I have to create a petition for this, but I want to ask you, if you are on zootopia forum, please support the idea. It?s clear this time this idea is really easy to be done !!!!!

another fan wrote this:

"don?t forget loreley concert date was August 20th 1983, and the under a blood red sky ep was released october 1983. SO, in less than two months they had to choose the songs, to mix them and to unite them ( containing songs from 3 different shows ). THIS TIME IS SO MUCH EASIER , PLEASE RELEASE UNDER A BLOOD RED SKY - THE COMPLETE ALBUM, AND DON?T EDIT ANYTHING, JUST REMIX AND REMASTER . It?s time to show all other bands what is a REAL LIVE album !!!"

Also I wrote this:

" I?m not sure, but this would be maybe one of the first live albums that is not edited, and it containing the complete concert (maybe the first one !! ). The song remains the same (Led Zeppelin), the most famous live album in the history, was clearly edited, as well the video. AC/DC live didn't contain the complete concert. Paul McCartney's live albums are in fact a compilation of several performances, the same as those of many other bands. I would love the moderators and people that works for U2 see what would mean to make this album a true !!!! "

Please guys, this really can happen !!!! :laugh: :laugh: :yes:

Never going to happen. Loreley is a great show but high quality versions of the whole thing audio and video wise are readily available in the bootleg and trading communities.

Why have them release something we can already get elsewhere? If anything from the War tour it would be a DVD of the full Red Rocks show from 83. Even Red Rocks there is almost perfect audio available of the whole thing but not the whole video (at least not in good quality). So we would at least be getting something that isnt available with that. But them releasing Loreley would kind of be a disappointment IMO. I dont think they would release Loreley anyway as I stated before, they played in broad daylight and did a shortened set because it was a festival.

Also, there are plenty of official live recordings out there that are of a full show of other artists. Its the latest trend, not to mention the number of artists doing official bootlegs of every single show. So if U2 did release a full unedited show they certainly wouldnt be anywhere near the first ones to do that and it wouldnt be anything innovative.

Anyone think there is any chance they'd release a video/album to document from the Lovetown tour?

U2girl said:
Anyone think there is any chance they'd release a video/album to document from the Lovetown tour?

i highly doubt it, considering that that wasn't exactly the happiest time of their career.

if it were to happen, i'd bet on well after U2 is retired. but i'd still doubt on it.

as far as UABRS, no. they already released it in 1983, and they're not going to release it, by adding 6-7 songs.

that's what bootlegs are for.

I really don't understand what you say blue room :shocked: U2 already indluded 5 songs of this show on the original under a blood red sky version !!!!. It's so, so easy relasing the whole concert:yes:. You have NOTHING to loose, I'm sure if U2 put on the news this new album, you would be one of the first guys waiting outside the store !!!. I really don't understand your attitude. On the other hand, please guys don't be selfish. Have you ever though how many U2 fans have not internet or bootlegs ???
:silent:

mikal, my friend, is not matter of adding 7 songs, it?s about the release of a WHOLE CONCERT as a live album at last !!!!. Do you know just one band who have released a COMPLETE CONCERT as a live album ???? Even great live bands like led zeppelin, pink floyd, radiohead, the police, phil collins, eric clapton, etc, etc, have released live albums edited or incomplete concert ( most of bands release "live" albums. actually those albums are compilation of several performances ). I CAN?T STOP THE DANCE, THIS IS THE LAST CHANCE !!!!

ponkine said:
I really don't understand what you say blue room :shocked: U2 already indluded 5 songs of this show on the original under a blood red sky version !!!!. It's so, so easy relasing the whole concert:yes:. You have NOTHING to loose, I'm sure if U2 put on the news this new album, you would be one of the first guys waiting outside the store !!!. I really don't understand your attitude. On the other hand, please guys don't be selfish. Have you ever though how many U2 fans have not internet or bootlegs ???
:silent:

O K A Y, no idea what your logic there is. Honestly, if U2 released a CD of the whole Loreley show I might not get it. I have a perfect quality version of the whole show on CD already. I would probebly get it eventually just to be complete but I wouldnt be lined up the day it was released. Thats why I say it would be a disappointment. Its not difficult to get a copy of this show. It helps to have the internet but I have had this show on CD since 1991 when I bought the bootleg at a record show and that was WAY before the internet. Bootlegs and audio were traded WAY before the internet, so if a fan really wants the material, they can get it. Thats my point. They should release something we CANT obtain even through trading or bootlegs. How about a recording of The Unforgettable Fire tour? There is only one complete soundboard of that tour out there (Nantes 84). Imagine a complete soundboard CD of the Dublin 85 Unf. Fire show! I think more people would get fired up about that than the Loreley show. Regardless of whether they have the internet.

My other point is that the overall Loreley show isnt the greatest concert. Its pretty good, but the band were tired and it shows on the video of this show. Not to mention, as I said before, it wasnt a full setlist. They chose to put alot of songs from it on UABRS because it was later in the tour and "some" of the songs were better than their other option for release the Boston 83 show (of which there is also a perfect full CD version of available also). The Red Rocks recording was deemed unsuitable for commercial release for some reason so most of UABRS was taken from those two shows as a result. Loreley is not exactly their greatest shining moment live as you seem to make it out to be. Its a decent show but its not even the best from the War tour.

The point is moot really, it wont be released. Red Rocks complete on DVD is a much better choice and possibility. U2 have also said that DVD's of shows are what serve as their official live CD's now. So the chance of a CD only release are extremely remote.

Last edited:
ponkine said:
mikal, my friend, is not matter of adding 7 songs, it?s about the release of a WHOLE CONCERT as a live album at last !!!!. Do you know just one band who have released a COMPLETE CONCERT as a live album ???? Even great live bands like led zeppelin, pink floyd, radiohead, the police, phil collins, eric clapton, etc, etc, have released live albums edited or incomplete concert ( most of bands release "live" albums. actually those albums are compilation of several performances ). I CAN?T STOP THE DANCE, THIS IS THE LAST CHANCE !!!!

but why would you waste a release(which includes heavy promotion and marketing) on a concert that has already been partly released?

it's just not smart business.

you have to realize that just because the fans want it, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's a good business move.

I?m not talking about bussiness, I?m talking about the fans, specially those who don?t have internet nor bootlegs :silent: please stop being selfish.

on the other hand, course if U2 release this complete concert, will have better sound than the best bootleg available. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

ponkine said:
I?m not talking about bussiness, I?m talking about the fans, specially those who don?t have internet nor bootlegs :silent: please stop being selfish.

on the other hand, course if U2 release this complete concert, will have better sound than the best bootleg available. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

How big of a number are fans that are going to be clammering for this that A. dont have internet, or B. dont know how to get bootlegs?? I dont think its a very big number. May take a little effort, but if anyone wants it, they can get it. Thats my point, there is nothing selfish about it?? Not sure where that line of reasoning is coming from. The point is there are better shows recorded that would be better for U2 AND the fans over the Loreley show.

Also you say its not about business. Well, the music industry is a business hate to tell you. U2 are not going to do something that is not going to make money. They are not going to do something that will lose money just because some fans may want it.

Also, I dont think you are going to get any better quality than the bootlegs out there sorry. Actually the Boston 83 bootleg sounds a little better IMO than the songs that were remixed and put on UABRS. UABRS is over mixed, it sounds to processed IMO.

Really, this isnt worth arguing about. U2 are not releasing this show officially. I'am just trying to tell you if you are going to legitimately put any effort into getting something released you are better off directing your efforts towards something else over Loreley because its just not going to happen. Not being selfish??? LOL Being realistic.

ponkine said:

Seeing as you obviously have the internet but no bootlegs, a simple post asking for a B&P in the trading forum might get you what you are looking for. The audio CD's of Loreley are perfect and there are DVD's made from a recent digital satellite broadcast. Official releases would be pointless.

ponkine said:

they're being selfish?! they're being realistic. they release concerts when they're done with that tour, not years later. with dvds and re-releases being all the rage for several years now, if they'd wanted to do this it would've already been done. a vast majority of fans have the internet, and most of them trade bootlegs. the band themselves have said they don't have a problem with fans trading concerts, as long as no one's profiting.

and no, the sound won't necessarily be better than any source out there. soundboard boots are available for a lot of concerts, not sure if that's one of them or not but i'm sure it is. if so, then that means the quality wouldn't be any better than the bootlegs available.

Back
Top Bottom