Under a blood red sky remaster in September

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Says U2valencia.com - this one will come out on September 1st, according to them.

Wish they could slow down with all the re-releases and the remasterings, it's gone overboard, this year should be all about the new album.

Wish they could slow down with all the re-releases and the remasterings, it's gone overboard, this year should be all about the new album.

:scratch:

The new album will spark a ton of publicity on its own. The remaster releases are small potatoes in comparison. Hard core fans and new fans looking for older material will pick this up...and in the long run we'll all have an opportunity to pick up a better sounding U2 catalog.

Trust me these will not overshadow the new album...maybe briefly on these sorts of boards, but it'll just be a ripple in the mainstream.

I don't think the remasters will affect the new album.
In fact, it seems quite a clever move pr-wise to first release the re-masters and try to attach new fans to the older music of U2, and then bring out the new album.
I hope UABRS comes with the concert on DVD!

I don't think the remasters will affect the new album.
In fact, it seems quite a clever move pr-wise to first release the re-masters and try to attach new fans to the older music of U2, and then bring out the new album.
I hope UABRS comes with the concert on DVD!

I think you're absolutely right. :up:

I think doing the remasters all at the same time mixed in with a new album and tour is great since it means they might better explore their back catalogue for the upcoming tour. It might signal a change from what I will term 'denail of the past' setlists.

:scratch:

The new album will spark a ton of publicity on its own. The remaster releases are small potatoes in comparison. Hard core fans and new fans looking for older material will pick this up...and in the long run we'll all have an opportunity to pick up a better sounding U2 catalog.

Trust me these will not overshadow the new album...maybe briefly on these sorts of boards, but it'll just be a ripple in the mainstream.

Well, what's the rush?

I assume that the two-disc remaster packages are gonna be limited edition, meaning we'll have to fork out $40 bucks every couple of weeks, I'd prefer one or two remasters a year. Not everything seemingly at once.

It might signal a change from what I will term 'denail of the past' setlists.

Or maybe the denial of POP setlists.

I don't think they deny the past so much as they did during Zoo TV.

For the Vertigo tour at the most they played what, 7-8 new songs and then about 14 of their classics?

Well, what's the rush?

I assume that the two-disc remaster packages are gonna be limited edition, meaning we'll have to fork out $40 bucks every couple of weeks, I'd prefer one or two remasters a year. Not everything seemingly at once.

I doubt that the 2 disc sets will be limited editions, but I don't know for sure. But seriously, they're not going to sell out the entire 2 disc sets.

Also most artists, with large catalogs, do exactly what U2 are doing, they drop their remasters in chunks, over a year or so. And long time artists count on their older audience (with disposable incomes) to buy the bulk of these. Is it a perfect scenario for all fans? No, but I don't see any reason for them to push it off. In a couple of years these CD's will be in bargain bins or at bargain prices, if you can hold out.

I see where you're coming from. I'm so glad they're rereleasing these albums, but I feel like they'd mean more if four of them weren't coming out in the same year. The JT remaster was great because it was after the tour but before the new album, so it gave us new U2 in a year when we wouldn't have had any. It would've been nice to see them rerelease one album a year for the next few years. I know I've said this somewhere, possibly on another forum, but by the time U2 stops producing new material, they're going to be out of material to remaster and rerelease.

Also, rereleasing UABRS before the show has come out on DVD seems silly.

I just heard mysterious ways on the radio and after the dj said that she heard the NEW album is set to be released in september...she must have her facts crossed

Well, what's the rush?

The rush may very well be that they feel that within 5-7 years time, either the cd will be virtually phased out by the record industry or that the numbers of people buying them by that time will be very small. By releasing these cds now, U2 stand to sell more copies than if they are staggered over the next several years and I'm sure Universal is more eager to see them out now than they may be in a few years.

It's a win-win situation for all parties involved. U2 and Universal will have additional product out there, longtime fans have the chance to getting remastered cds with hard to find and unreleased tracks and the release of these remastered cds and the publicity they generate will greatly increase the chances of new U2 fans buying the back catalog.

No one's saying that even though the first 4 albums will be re-released from late July to early September, that long time fans have to immediately buy them. If people don't have the extra cash for them all at once, just buy them over the course of the next year or so. They'll all still be easy to find in stores.

Back
Top Bottom