Uncut Legends No 3: U2 - UK PEOPLE - PLEASE READ - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2004, 03:05 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 01:07 PM
Uncut Legends No 3: U2 - UK PEOPLE - PLEASE READ

I really want to get the 150 page special on U2 that UNCUT is doing, only it's not on their website to purchase. I was wondering if I could work something out with someone in UK who could purchase it and mail it to me, and I could pay you for the cost of the magazine. shipping and handling and even a little extra for the time and trouble it took you to get the magazine.

Any takers?

Email me at jason_fuerst@yahoo.com to discuss arrangements if interested.

Thanks.

Old 07-05-2004, 03:55 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:07 AM
I may actually be able to do that for you, if you can let me know how much you think it will cost to send the magazine to Kansas or where-ever it is you live from Bath, England that would be a bonus...

But in any case, I'd be more than happy to help you out. The Magazine costs £5.50 over here.

Contact me at OKcomputer@gmail.com

Old 07-05-2004, 05:40 PM   #3
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:07 AM
Hold on. I may be able to help here in the States. I'm going out soon and I'll see if I can pick up a copy for you.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:43 PM   #4
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:07 PM
My brother bought it for me today at the Virgin Megastore in Miami.

(I didn't feel like waiting for it to get to Houston).
Old 07-05-2004, 05:52 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:07 PM
Re: Uncut Legends No 3: U2 - UK PEOPLE - PLEASE READ

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fan101
I really want to get the 150 page special on U2 that UNCUT is doing, only it's not on their website to purchase. I was wondering if I could work something out with someone in UK who could purchase it and mail it to me, and I could pay you for the cost of the magazine. shipping and handling and even a little extra for the time and trouble it took you to get the magazine.

Any takers?

Email me at jason_fuerst@yahoo.com to discuss arrangements if interested.

Thanks.

You might want to give it a week or so. UNCUT Legends is generally always available at Borders or Barnes & Noble.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:51 AM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier

Got another one tonight at Virgin.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:26 AM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 07:07 PM
Hey U2fan101...

Hmmmm... I realise you are based in Kansas which leads me to wonder if there is a Barnes & Noble or Borders store near where you are.... is there????

I think its a damn shame that its not generally available in US cos its a good edition to read imo..... I got the issue a couple of weeks ago here in London, UK and I still havent finished reading the whole thing yet!

Anyway good luck to you mate and hope you managed to get your hands on a copy....

dougal
Old 07-06-2004, 11:37 AM   #8
Refugee

Local Time: 08:07 PM
Am based in UK and am happy to send a copy out to whoever needs one - think cost is £5.50 so probably around $8 at most? No need for P&P costs as I have a sweet deal through work...!
Old 07-06-2004, 05:41 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by martha
Got another one tonight at Virgin.
Hey Martha,
Do you have a link for Virgin? I'm not able to drive yet due to my recent knee replacement surgery. Can't find it on B&N site or amazon. Can't stay on the computer very long at a time either -But long enough to order this if I can. It would be great to read this while I'm laid up doing absolutely NOTHING!. Thanks for any info/link you can find.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:12 PM   #10
Blue Crack Supplier

I got it in person; no link.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:36 PM   #11
Refugee

Local Time: 07:07 PM
Hey Party Boy!!! I'm a taker! I really would like a copy of this mag! So Please-contact me:u2cat2004@earthlink.net! And give me all the details how u want to handle this! Million thanks!
Old 07-06-2004, 08:51 PM   #12
The Fly

Re: Uncut Legends No 3: U2 - UK PEOPLE - PLEASE READ

Quote:
I really want to get the 150 page special on U2 that UNCUT is doing, only it's not on their website to purchase.
Hey U2Fan101, I'm from Kansas too, I'm in Olathe.

I was at the Borders on 119th & Strang Line Road last night and they have the July issue of UNCUT magazine, but not the U2 issue. I'm guessing they will eventually get the U2 special.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:51 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

So what about me then? Shall I not bother?
Old 07-07-2004, 06:17 PM   #14
Refugee

Local Time: 01:07 PM
Just a few notes to some people -

To everyone who responded with offers - thank you so much. The Interference community is really a wonderful gathering of U2 fans with very warm and helpful people.

Paddy - I must apologize, for I am ass. When Martha said she could get it for me, all I was thinking was arriving here in less time than from UK. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner about the mag. I have worked out a trade deal with Martha. I do appreciate your efforts to help me, and I am sorry I didn't let you know sooner as to what my decision was.

KevinK - I live in Lee's Summit, but I go to school at JoCo and work in Overland Park at the Perfume Pizazz inside the mall and the one across the street. It's nice to see there are other U2 fans in the KC area. My closest U2 fans live in Olathe and Shawnee who are members of Interference - raincloud and tkramer. They are married, and tkramer's brother is also a U2 fan as well.

Doug - We do have a B&N and Borders here in KC. They carry the monthly Uncut, or however frequent it is. B&N I don't know carries the 'Legends' series, but Borders does, and they currently have No. 2 which is Paul McCartney. So it's for sure that they will get No. 3 in, they just didn't know when, and I didn't want to wait I'm too much of a U2 fanboy. "Tell him Steve-Dave!" Can anyone guess what movie that line is from? 10 pts to them

Jason
Old 07-08-2004, 04:59 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Paddy - I must apologize, for I am ass. When Martha said she could get it for me, all I was thinking was arriving here in less time than from UK. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner about the mag. I have worked out a trade deal with Martha. I do appreciate your efforts to help me, and I am sorry I didn't let you know sooner as to what my decision was.
Okay, cheers for letting me know, but you could have at least replied to the email...
Old 07-09-2004, 08:12 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Hey, I'm from Kansas, too! (South-Central) I looked in Wichita for a copy of this, but with no luck. Has anyone checked eBay? Maybe I'll do that right now and see what's there...

OK, found one, but it's not exactly a bargain...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Desperate, anyone?
Old 07-09-2004, 10:42 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 04:07 PM
Actually the mag is now available for purchasing at Uncut website. Check the link where it says Click to buy back issues. Then perform a quick search on U2, and you´ll find this Special Uncut nr. 3 plus a few more others. The price is 7 pounds, and I already ordered mine.

http://www.uncut.net/

Cheers
MT