Unchained Melody vs Everlasting Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Just wondering what you guys think is the better Righteous Brothers cover - I love the Righteous Brothers. Another musical act I grew up with. What do you guys think?

Damn that's the 2 covers U2 made of these are so terrific , they are just so fucking good .

U Melody's studio atm is fantastic

And everlasting Love is an amazing , exciting acoustic take

Can't Decide , they are so good , to say one is better

I prefer Everlasting Love but I never listen to either cover much.

I'm not a big fan of Everlasting Love.

Unchained Melody...it can be the most romantic thing I've ever heard, or the absolute corniest. It's a weird one. Or maybe I'm just weird...could be that.

Everlasting Love was a MASSIVE radio hit in Australia back in '89. Triple M and 2Day FM both flogged the song and I am certain that's the reason why the All I Want is You single did so well in the charts.

They even gave away a free one-track cassette of Everlasting Love when you bought the vinyl version of All I Want is You.

But personally I prefer Unchained Melody. I adore the song both as U2 performed it and the original.

OK, I've decided: My biggest crush on Unchained Melody was during those Zoo-TV song transitions...One/Unchained Melody, Until The End Of The World, New Year's Day :drool:

COBL_04 said:

It's on their best of...

Well there's like 20 of those, but you may want to check your sources. I haven't seen anything on the web that shows they made a recording of that song. And I definately haven't heard one, and I have quite a bit of their recordings.

Not saying it hasn't been done, I would just like to find out where.

Take a look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everlasting_Love

Everlasting love, because I never used to like that song before u2 covered it.

Unchained Melody, there is zero competition from Everlasting Love, even though I like it.
Night and Day is their best ever cover version but Unchained Melody is breathtaking in iits power passion and beauty.
The live versions are fairly shit though.

Unchained Melody! Just cos of the Zoo TV version.. :drool:

Everlasting Love is okay but I'm not a big fan of that song. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom