Ultra Violet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tommycharles said:
Dublin, August 28th, 1993. The "Zoo-Europa" show.

Yep, and then it was replaced (thank goodness!) by Lemon for the final leg of Zoo.

For the most part, Ultraviolet was used as a song after Macphisto made phone calls to celebrities. If it had come into play in Popmart, Elevation or even Vertigo, it would feel out of place. Though now with Zooropa and Achtung Baby tunes on Vertigo, it's possible.

COBL_04 said:
1993? What the hell? Why in God's name wouldn't U2 play that?
Because there are two people on Earth who haven't heard "Pride" or "New Year's Day" yet, and by God, U2 will reach them even if they have to play those songs every damn night.

typhoon said:

Because there are two people on Earth who haven't heard "Pride" or "New Year's Day" yet, and by God, U2 will reach them even if they have to play those songs every damn night.

:lmao:

This song, like tryin to throw your arms around the world just would belong to this tour. I think it might be late now, maybe they´ve neither rehearsed these songs...........but they´d be great

i doubt they'd need any more of the phone calls to start the song if they decided to do it again...

and yes, the song rocks.

Axver said:

Yep, and then it was replaced (thank goodness!) by Lemon for the final leg of Zoo.

If ever there was a song (apart from the rather crap WGRYWH) out of place on an album, this is it. It's load of nonsense.

typhoon said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This is why typhoon is cool.

roy, did you mean lemon or uv?

U2Man said:

Who the :censored: would prefer Lemon to Ultraviolet?

Lemon is one of their best songs, a classic even...so different from anything else they've done..its better than UV in my opinion, although the latter is still a great song.

roy said:

If ever there was a song (apart from the rather crap WGRYWH) out of place on an album, this is it. It's load of nonsense.

:lmao:

Oh wait...everyone's being serious now. :|

U2Man said:

Who the :censored: would prefer Lemon to Ultraviolet?

Yours truly. In my top 3, right behind Streets and Bad. UV is good, but it's not LEMON good. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom