UK Uncut Magazine HTDAAB Preview!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicLemon

War Child
hot7.jpg

Track by track preview included. Please if anyone is in the UK, please keep your eyes open for this issue!

;)

here we go again, anyone in the UK want to help us out? I bought the u2 legends UNCUT magazine and it took more than a month to show up at my borders. Whens an American magazine gonna get off its ass and get an exclusive?:wink: the last track by track on Q was awesome. thanks for the heads up

Last edited:
Thanks brachanam...I shall look out for it. - I don't have a scanner, but I will try to follow in Philods great footsteps and post the important details from the article

Last edited:
philod, did I tell you lately how much we love you ? (maybe this should be in the "Album has a name" section.)

Last edited:
becuase that's the picture on uncut's website

as stated on www.uncut.net:

Whatever their forthcoming album, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, brings, it will be difficult for U2 to top their Achtung Baby/Zooropa/Zoo TV glory days of the early ’90s, during which the band produced arguably their greatest album and one of the most dramatic rock’n’roll stage shows ever seen. A decade on, we assess the after-shock of the Irish supergroup’s radical transformation from earnest musos to manic cyber-rockers

I never tracked down the Legends edition. :(

Hopefully my local stores will have this one in stock.

This one's a regular issue, eh?

Go get the new Vanity Fair. Johnny Depp on the cover, U2 inside!

I posted this to a NEW thread in hopes someone who has a scanner can scan it. I am at work and can't do it at the moment :)

Is there anybody who can scan the HTDAAB preview for us?

marochik

I have a spare Uncut Legends if you need a copy. Perhaps we could do a small trade!

Well I'm getting bored at work so I'll nip over to Sainsbury's and see if they have it in..

I've got it... I'll have to type this one song at a time.. bear with me

VERTIGO
Thindering bass from Adam Clayton, jagged guitar and a punkish riff that suggests they haven't ignored the rise of The Strokes et al in the three years since ATYCLB. An anthem to the more redemptive power of rock'n'roll and gets more epic as the track goes on and and ends in a dozen triumphant cries of 'Yeah, yeah, yeah!"

By the way there is a great and very long cover article so you must still buy the magazine - I don't want to give Uncut the hump!!

MIRACLE DRUG
A slow, echoing start with cello, before Bono's voice plaintively sings, "I want to trip inside your head, spend a day there, hear the things you haven't said". The Edge's guitar takes up a ringing, ascending motif, it's clearly some kind of love song, although lyrics such as, "love and logic keep us clear, reason is on our side" might have been lifted from a Scientology manual.

the lyrics to miracle drug sound good, I dont think the "rumored ones" we got were the correct ones after all.

SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN

Written for Bono's father and sung at his funeral. Like a companion for 'One', it starts slow and hauntingly but builds dramatically, until Bono breaks into a shimering falsetto: "It's you when I look into the mirror". It ends in a crescendo of visceral emotion before being stripped back down to a heartbeat. Both uplifting and heart-rendering, and despite the personal nature of the subject the effect is universal.

(I haven't actually read this yet - this is giving me goospimples already)

Back
Top Bottom