UK Music Hall Of Fame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim

Refugee
For those of you that are interested, Channel 4 in the UK tonight started a series of nominations for the best artists from each decade to be nominated into the UK Music Hall of Fame. Tonight the focused on the '90s, and a panel of experts selected a shortlist of 10 world wide artists / groups who the public will then vote for the one ultimate act from that decade.

U2 were not included.

However, there are 4 artist that get automatic entry to the Hall of Fame, and who represent the benchmark for all other nominations:

Elvis Presley, The Beatles, Madonna and..... U2

Not a bad acolade eh?

Yep he just said it, they are Founding members who are already in. Think they were the 90's choice, the beatles the 60's, Elvis Presley the 50's, Bob Marley the 70's???, and Madonna the 80's?????. At least they got U2, The Beatles & Elvis Presley right, not so sure about Bob Marley and Madonna but I guess in Madonnas case there was probably only U2 who were also the biggest thing in the 80's to challenge her, but they got in for the 90's choice.

Who gets in from tonights public vote is anyones guess. If it was down to me Radiohead would be far and away ahead of any of the other choices on tonight's show but can't see them winning a viewers vote. The only one I can see winning a public vote is Robbie(fat dancer)Williams, and if he belongs in a Hall Of Fame with U2, The Beatles & Elvis Presley then I must be from another planet with my head up my arse!

Back
Top Bottom