Uh.......................................(grammy question)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackleberry

War Child
I don't know if anyone else noticed this but why were U2 already back stage when Record of the year award was announced?? I could see if they had just performed. But one minute they were sitting in their seats, and the next they were behind that heart looking thing, rare and ready to accept their award.

Another thing I noticed was that almost 75% of the time the artist who performed before an award was myseriously the WINNER of that award! For example: U2 after Walk On performance, Alicia Keys after performing "Fallin", Outkast, the Moulin Rougue ladies, Train, and maybe one more all won an award directly after they performed. Are these "Grammy people" trying to save time by already having them close to the podium????

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

They were also behind that structure with India Arie. I just think they were all getting ready because it was the last award of the night.

That same theory came up last night at our U2 Grammy party. It would seem that the producers are trying to economize on time? I dunno. Seems silly and makes the whole thing look more like a farce than it already is.
tongue.gif

I dont think it would save time. U2 was sitting in the front row. I did think it was really odd. For a second I thought they performed with india.ire(i didnt see her perform) I mean wwaybe they all had to take a piss together and while in the bathroom said "fuck it, we got screwed in the album of the year and song of the year. I f we lose this one we will pull a soy bomb and rush the stage" we might never know!

I kept saying that myself but Destiny's child performed with that guy *and DMB* and they won nothing. I think everyone already knew what they were gonna win they just pretended not to know.

[This message has been edited by PrincessBadgirl (edited 02-28-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom