UGH!!! I'm so pissed off with this ticket contest!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wenda

New Yorker
So, I entered this contest for tickets for one of the Ottawa shows and what it is is they text message you a trivia question and you reply with the answer.

Today's question was:

What month were U2's written lyrics stolen from a briefcase?
1. May
2. Oct
3. Dec

Now I knew it was 1981 and that it was in Portland but I didn't know what month. So I go searching and see that they played no dates in Portland in either of those months but had in March of '81. I don't miss the mention that the lyrics were for October but the quesion clearly asks what month the lyrics were stolen so I think that maybe it's a typo and maybe instead of 'May' they meant 'Mar' so I answer with 1.

Get the reply back saying I'm wrong and that it was 2...OCTOBER!

I feel like writing a strongly worded letter to someone in charge or calling and bitching for my ballot to be entered.

GAH! THESE PEOPLE SUCK!

Now I have to post this at my livejournal. :mad:

you could always contact them and tell them they're mistaken; the lyrics were stolen in march 1981. at the very least anyway, a fan who at least knows the album release dates would know the lyrics couldn't have been stolen in october, as that's the month the album was released. :huh:

KhanadaRhodes said:
you could always contact them and tell them they're mistaken; the lyrics were stolen in march 1981. at the very least anyway, a fan who at least knows the album release dates would know the lyrics couldn't have been stolen in october, as that's the month the album was released. :huh:

I would, but I checked any contact information or anything where they'd be reachable and I got nothing...

Back
Top Bottom