U2's Thirteenth Album: Aimless Uncertainty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Continue here. Latest updates:

- Billboard reported that U2's album has now been pushed back to 2015.
- The Guardian then reported that a knowledgeable source indicated that the album is still on track for a 2014 release.
- Neil McCormick jokingly suggested that the album will not be released before 2017, before reporting (seemingly honestly) that U2 are still in the studio "chasing magic", and that the album will be great.
- The Mysterious Fisher made several claims allegedly based on semi-insider information about U2's questionable financial condition, shenanigans in the 1990s, and whatnot, with the punchline roughly being that there are deep divisions creating some amount of chaos in the U2 camp.

Since were allowed to dream..... I'd like a deluxe version of the album with an extra disc where the band recorded a live version of each song on the album in the studio. Just the 4 of them playing with no overdubs or production trickery.:drool:

I want a DVD along with the new album. I don't know what....surprise me!

(I wonder how long it will take, before this thread self-destructs into madness?)

They could release a super deluxe with a DVD Audio (high resolution audio accompanied by some pleasant video artwork, you know, the visual experience Bono was talking about lately - you insert the DVD and enjoy it all) and a DVD Video including raw performances of the main songs of the album. Oseary please read this, I'd be a sure buyer.

Still dreaming....... remember a few weeks ago when the Edge said some of their stuff was too far 'out there' or something like that. He said they needed to reel it in a bit.... I'd like on the deluxe version for a chance to hear this out there stuff. Could be bad or it could really be great.

They could release a super deluxe with a DVD Audio (high resolution audio accompanied by some pleasant video artwork, you know, the visual experience Bono was talking about lately - you insert the DVD and enjoy it all) and a DVD Video including raw performances of the main songs of the album. Oseary please read this, I'd be a sure buyer.

I'd be happy if all we got was 128kbps DRM-ed AAC at this point.

Why is there no footnote to the "Mysterious Fishers" claims to the effect that his earlier claims re album release and tour schedule turned out to be false/fraudulent piles of rubbish?

I mean given his track record, his shot credibility and all, I wouldn't put much stock in what he says, personally :wink:

Why is there no footnote to the "Mysterious Fishers" claims to the effect that his earlier claims re album release and tour schedule turned out to be false/fraudulent piles of rubbish?

I mean given his track record, his shot credibility and all, I wouldn't put much stock in what he says, personally :wink:

Oh but we don't want to talk about that.

Sent from my SM-N900P using U2 Interference mobile app

When he made those claims, though, might it have been possible that his claimed dates were indeed tentatively penciled in? I'm not saying that he wasn't just making something in, but it's not like what he said was unreasonable.

An update to tie up loose ends from the last thread:

Are Fisher and Nick66 the same person? No. After following up with a few sources, Nick66 is, in fact, not Fisher. They are posting from different countries and in fact different continents. And the possibility of a mirrored/fake IP has been discounted as well.

Are Nick and Fisher in cahoots to troll both forums? I suppose it's possible. But Nick didn't even bring up Fisher on these forums. It's a bit inconsistent to be accused of bringing drama from one forum to another without actually being the one that brought the drama from one forum to another.

But Nick defended Fisher's posts here. Yes, he did, but so did several other posters, including several well-respected members of the community.

But Fisher mentioned Nick by name! Yes, he did, but then, Nick was the strongest and most thorough defender of Fisher's comments on this forum, and Fisher has mentioned he has registered for this site.

Is it okay to publicly bash someone you've decided is a troll before you have actual proof? NO.

Is it worse if the person you publicly bash didn't actually do what you accused them of? YES.

Are we done discussing this? Yes.

Carry on.

Last edited:
Diemen. I don't trust your inside sources. :wink:

Sent from my SM-N900P using U2 Interference mobile app

I want to see these guys on the next tour (double meaning alert here):

U2 rare - YouTube

DALTONS :lmao:

Oh the comments I want to make. :lol:

A bit late for that too happen, but I'd buy it.

U2 should do something like that again, but instead of The
Dalton's update it and come out as Devo or something equally
bizarre. :D

Can they do a One Direction cover band? :whistle:

I mean, they already have the hair style. And one of the (dozens) of producers of 1D. :wink: And hell, Taylor Swift had her sights on Bono at the GGs!
Look at Adam's hair and then google Zayn Malik. Oh well...at least Larry isn't running around looking like Harry Styles. :lol: :doh:

And "Aimless Uncertainty" -- nice. Thought we'd decided on Irish Democracy though. :lol:

1981927_626902140697425_930564540_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom