U2's second No.1 from HTDAAB!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ludilobrate said:
THESE ARE FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U2 are on the top of the music world!BRILLIANT!

SYCMIOYO deserves to be no 1,cause song is good as U2*s magnificient songs like WOWY,BAd,ONE...
Believe me SYCMIOY is the one of the best U2 songs ever,and I can imagine great moments on the tour when U2 perform SYCMIOYO...IT WILL BE EMOTIONAL HIGHLIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You took the words right out of my mouth ,good post:drool:

Aardvark747 said:
Just got back from my Dublin holiday to this news - fantastic!! 2 no.1's on the trot!!:drool:
:wink:

Oh, you were off in Dublin? How'd the holiday go? You got to stay at the Clarence, didn't you?

Yes, this is twenty questions. I'll hammer you with seventeen more if you really want them.

Axver said:

Oh, you were off in Dublin? How'd the holiday go? You got to stay at the Clarence, didn't you?

Yes, this is twenty questions. I'll hammer you with seventeen more if you really want them.

I wrote a really detailed bit in L.Stand...but then deleted it by accident!!!:mad:
Anyway, it was great - hotel was cool, HTDAAB is stored on the T.V in the room, and as for the U2 Collectable shop down the road....:drool:
(far too much was spent by little A747 in there!)
Went to W.Lane and Hanover, and a few other U2 Spots.
Really nice place, everyone is really friendly.

I sat in the Octagon bar in the hotel, just staring at the door, hoping that 1 of them would walk through...but sadly, the Grammy's were more important than checking the up-keep of the hotel!!

Sounds awesome, mate. Now you're making me envious. :wink:

Shame you didn't have my uncle's luck for meeting the band. He lived in Dublin for a few years and has a few stories of randomly meeting members of U2. Guess you'll have to go back around Croke gig time!

Croke gigs ... :drool:

Axver said:

Croke gigs ... :drool:

My taxi driver on the way back to the airport was really pissed off, cos he waited out overnight somewhere to get tickets, and wasn't able to! He's hoping for a 3rd date to be added.

Then 'Sometimes..' came on the radio, he turned it up and we all sang along!:wink:

Great news but it only debuted at number 3 in Ireland!

To be honest, I blame the record company for that. Are THREE versions going to be the norm for every single from now on? It is actually put me off getting it, the thought of having to buy them all (I know I could choose one, but it feels like it should be either all or nothing... and I don't feel like spending about €18 on a song I already have). I splashed out for the ES and Vertigo singles, thinking they were "special editions" or whatever, but not this time.

Aardvark747 said:
HERE'S HOPING FOR A SECOND WEEK AT THE TOP!!:wink:

Well I was thinking (read hoping) this could happen.

It may be one of those rare songs which grows on hte public the more they listen to it, but one that hasn't been heard much as yet. I mean the radio play is not frequent to say the least but now it's got to number 1 that should increase the promotion for it a little. I think a little of people will be hearing it this week for the first or second time and hopefully go out and buy it from there.

Of course it will need another 25,000 plus of sales this week to fend off the latest offering from elvis.

-Macphisto-UK said:
Of course it will need another 25,000 plus of sales this week to fend off the latest offering from elvis.

And J-Lo has a new single out this week. :|
Not that I understand why anyone want to buy that one, but I think more than 30,000 will...

Oh well, two weeks at the top or not, they do have another #1 single that they can put in the books! :up: And that will be recorded in the chart history books. :wink:

Popmartijn said:

And J-Lo has a new single out this week. :|
Not that I understand why anyone want to buy that one, but I think more than 30,000 will...

Oh well, two weeks at the top or not, they do have another #1 single that they can put in the books! :up: And that will be recorded in the chart history books. :wink:

Yes I can kiss goodbye to that idea, based on 1 day sales elvis, j whore and m&m are all ahead of U2.

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
Great news but it only debuted at number 3 in Ireland!

To be honest, I blame the record company for that. Are THREE versions going to be the norm for every single from now on? It is actually put me off getting it, the thought of having to buy them all (I know I could choose one, but it feels like it should be either all or nothing... and I don't feel like spending about €18 on a song I already have). I splashed out for the ES and Vertigo singles, thinking they were "special editions" or whatever, but not this time.

While there are three versions, they usually sell together at a discounted price. For example, all three CD's/DVD's could be bought for just 6 pounds in the U.K. I don't know that that translates to in the euro, but in dollars, that's a bit shy of $12. Not too bad (especially as imports often cost more and the CD's aren't commercially available in teh U.S.).

Back
Top Bottom