U2's Saddest Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~*Buffalo*~

War Child
Whic U2 song stirs such deep emotion in you that you want to cry? In other words, what is U2's saddest song?

I'm going for "Running to Stand Still," although "October" comes a close second :)

Discotheque - it's definitely the song that saddened the most fans when they realized U2 had gone techno and trip-hop on them.

Cheers,

J

Tomorrow (though it ends on an upbeat note)
Kite (very bittersweet, Bono's singing is very emotional and beautiful)
Mothers of the Disappeared (what an awful thing to happen, and an evil government to carry it out!)

beautiful day.

actually, scratch that, love is blindness. good song, but for whatever reason i connotate it with sad.

It's hard to get more depressing than "Mothers of the Disappeared." Maybe "One Tree Hill" because of that cello.

Last edited:
I agree with everyone on Mothers, October, and Tomorrow. Kite makes me cry if I listen to it in the wrong mood, and the third verse of Mofo (Lookin for a sound...) sometimes breaks my heart.

One
With Or Without You
Running To Stand Still
Tomorrow
Promenade
Elvis Presley And America (something about it. I don't know)
And sometimes, The Sweetest Thing is a bit sad.
All I Want Is You
October

I'm going with the flow here...Mothers, Running, and One. There are certain words in One that hit home and make want to cry each time i hear it.

"Kite", "Peace On Earth", and "If God Will Send His Angels" are the ones that have brought me to tears before.

Although I do remember watching the R&H movie one time, and when "MLK" was being performed and the clip of Martin came up on the screen, I did get a lump in my throat.

"Mothers Of The Disappeared" is definitely a sad song as well. Not gonna deny that.

Angela

'Peace on Earth' is the only song of theirs that's toyed with my emotions before. Powerful song.

Back
Top Bottom