U2's quest for the 'perfect pop song' -- new album talk continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You mean, like this??

edgefire.gif

Please lock this thread immediately and replace all smilies (especially the fucking annoying :wave: one that jerks like to use after they make their grand point)

with this new one

edgefire.gif

ok you can leave :rimshot: :bonocrab: and :bonodrum: too, if you like..

Please lock this thread immediately and replace all smilies (especially the fucking annoying :wave: one that jerks like to use after they make their grand point)

with this new one

edgefire.gif

ok you can leave :rimshot: :bonocrab: and :bonodrum: too, if you like..

also, if we could only forge :bono: with :blahblah:

:D

I actually don't know who made it. I got him here on Interference when I joined in 2005. He's been used plenty over in Pleba all these years. :shifty:

I believe Kafrun made that one. :shifty: Amongst a couple.. others.

Can't believe I lost BonoLLama. :sad: It disappeared from my files.

That is good news all around, though I find it a little funny that our best method for hearing news about U2 is from reports about other bands with whom their paths cross.

Yes, it's a little sad. But not as sad as me searching the news on Google for "U2 Danger Mouse" when I'm bored.

Wait. Comet. Do you happen to have the Rainbow Llama icon as well? :ohmy:

And Rachel, that's not his actual body, lol. The original Llama rider was a banana.

So while all this talk of Llama's and general OT nonsense was going on, did anyone see this that went up on atu2 like 24 hours ago?

Bono's been talking some more about U2's recent work in the studio. He did an interview with the Irish Voice that has a couple signature Bono-isms (Edge is on fire, "We've hit a vein") and some specific praise for the bass player:

"There's a bass line coming up that you literally cannot believe. It's just unbelievable."

In a recent Billboard article, James Mercer of Broken Bells says that his partner, Brian Burton (AKA Danger Mouse) has been working with U2: "Right now Brian's doing U2; I think he's still in Dublin doing that." The article as published on Thursday, but there's no indication when Mercer made the comments.

In the Irish Voice interview, Bono says this of working with Danger Mouse:

"We're working with this special soul, Brian Burton. He listens in a very different way. There are things that have always been in our music but maybe not being accentuated. It's really very, very different. It's shocking how different it is."

I saw that article a couple days ago? It didn't look like anything new I guess.

(And we haven't talked about llamas for 4 days. :p )

So while all this talk of Llama's and general OT nonsense was going on, did anyone see this that went up on atu2 like 24 hours ago?

yeah that's been floating around for a while now... at least a week or more...

I'm thinking that the Office of U2 Security can take an extended summer vacation before re-opening.

Spoke with a friend at a local radio station, there is some news or rumors about a new compilation of "Greatest Hits" scheduled for a fall release. Hits spanning the career of U2 including rough demos and acoustic versions.

Wouldn't count on a "new" album until at least 2013, but this new compilation may include some new tracks, if nothing else, something for collectors, "new" versions of classics.

Back
Top Bottom