U2's Portrait From Grammy.com...You've Been Forewarned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spanisheyes

Forum Moderator, The Goal Is Soul
Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, and Berlin
U2.jpg

I've always tried to stay positive in the forum about U2, but this portrait from grammy.com struck me as quite odd. It appears that the boys are in a state of constipation or something to that affect. I just feel that our boys could have had better treatment when it came to their portrait. I will end on a positive note, and that is that the Edge looks like one bad a** guitar player in that picture.

Chris

[This message has been edited by spanisheyes (edited 02-27-2002).]

Ugh. I HATE that drawing! Gina Marie posted in awhile ago and I forgot how horrible it was.

Something people will NEVER learn is to never draw a "realistic" portrait of ANYONE.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Why not just use a photo? If they didn't have one, the PLEBA girls could give them tons. WHY?

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
I've always tried to stay positive in the forum about U2, but this portrait from grammy.com struck me as quite odd. Chris

Chris, I totally agree! It is an awful drawing!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

Originally posted by sharky:
Adam doesn't have any arms. what's up with that?

LOL! I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out, sharky! I have to agree that the drawing is pretty awful- their faces look really weird, and Edge's head is way too big for his body.

And Bono would soooooo not wear that shirt!! In the past he has been known to wear white button up shirts but they were soft and flowing, not hard and crusty looking.

*LOL at Adam's non-existant arms*

*Dies @ how beyond ugly our sexy mofo's look in that drawing* HOW....WHY...WHO?!? Our lads do NOT look like that! Whoever did that drawing....*Growlz..snarlz* GO BACK AND LEARN HOW TO DRAW!!! THAT SUCKS WORSE THAN HAVING TO SIT AND LISTEN TO EVERY TEENIE BOOPER BAND CREATED! *wants to kill now*
ok i'm done.
*looks @ the pic and dies again*

Why did they draw Keith Richards instead of the Edge???

------------------
The hunter gets captured by the game

Since when did Bono wear white ?

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

Back
Top Bottom