U2's Next Single??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeffo17

Acrobat
Will there be another single release from HTDAAB?? last single was Original of the Species.

If so i think it would be Love & Peace or Else.

What u think?

Not a chance, OOTS was only a single in America and cooincided with the third leg.

Elsewhere it's download only.

The next single will either be a collaboration, a standalone track (ie a movie track HMTMKMKM esque)

Or a single off the next album (hoorah)

sniggirb said:
Yeah, another single would sort of kill the album.

How?:huh:

I agree, there probably won't be another single, but another single "killing an album", I doubt.

doubleU said:

How?:huh:

I agree, there probably won't be another single, but another single "killing an album", I doubt.

People would get so sick of hearing U2 on the radio. There needs to be a little time off and then some fresh stuff.

Jeffo17 said:
Will there be another single release from HTDAAB?? last single was Original of the Species.

If so i think it would be Love & Peace or Else.

What u think?

Interesting you mention Love & Peace... because here in L.A. a radio station (95.5 KLOS) has been giving it some airplay. I hear it pretty frequently. They even played a live version from one of the concerts. I really doubt that it would be a single. It's just a case of a radio station giving it a shot. Guess the responses from your not too typical U2 fans have been cool for this song at least on this radio station...

sniggirb said:

People would get so sick of hearing U2 on the radio. There needs to be a little time off and then some fresh stuff.

Sorry but that makes no sense. If it's a new single then it is something fresh to the average radio listener.

If you are the average radio listener and don't own the album, let's say all you've heard is Vertigo, COBL, and OOTS if you still haven't bought the album how will one more single "kill it".

If you already have the album, then it can't be killed.

doubleU said:

Sorry but that makes no sense. If it's a new single then it is something fresh to the average radio listener.

If you are the average radio listener and don't own the album, let's say all you've heard is Vertigo, COBL, and OOTS if you still haven't bought the album how will one more single "kill it".

Well I think if somebody hasn't bought Bomb by this time, than they won't ever buy it. I don't think another single will make any more copies sell.

doubleU said:

You take things too literally my friend. All he's saying is that the album will overstay its welcome. You might as well release every song off the album if you think it's gonna sell a couple more copies. But at this point the album has nothing left to prove. It's already sold! No sense in forcing the album down people's throats. Give them time to come around to it.

I really don't think another U2 single would kill anything. If some people can stomache radio stations playing Mariah Carey 50 times a day, i doubt another U2 song that won't get any airplay will upset the masses. :shrug:

As for what it will be? Whatever new video theyre working on, I suppose. Or something of their new album.

ozeeko said:

You take things too literally my friend. All he's saying is that the album will overstay its welcome. You might as well release every song off the album if you think it's gonna sell a couple more copies. But at this point the album has nothing left to prove. It's already sold! No sense in forcing the album down people's throats. Give them time to come around to it.

And you took my response far too literal. You can't "kill" an album with another single. It was a dumb comment and I was just pointing that out.

doubleU said:

And you took my response far too literal. You can't "kill" an album with another single. It was a dumb comment and I was just pointing that out.

Do all of your conversations end in semantics debates?

if people aren't sick of U2 already, one more single off of this album certainly won't do the trick.

it's not like anything's really had a major stay on american radio since Vertigo, anyways, and that's over a year ago. what, exactly, is another single going to kill? u2's popularity has been based on the tour... not hit singles.

i for one would love to see a live cut of Yahweh make the rounds.

I think the most obvious choice would be Miracle Drug, but I'd personally want to see LAPOE as a single.

However, I think they're done with singles from this album. Next one will probably be from a collaboration or a soundtrack.

I'm watching the Mavs/Suns game on ABC right now and as they were going to commercial the background music was LAPOE.

Not that it means anything, just figured you single speculators would like to know.

ozeeko said:

Glad somebody understands what I was saying.

doubleU said:

I don't see what is dumb about it, just pointing out the obvious.

sniggirb said:

I don't see what is dumb about it, just pointing out the obvious.

How is it obvious? If you have another single worthy song, then release it.

There's no such thing as an album "over staying it's welcome", if people still want to listen to it they will, if they don't then the album will be phased out naturally.

That's what seems obvious.

doubleU said:

How is it obvious? If you have another single worthy song, then release it.

There's no such thing as an album "over staying it's welcome", if people still want to listen to it they will, if they don't then the album will be phased out naturally.

That's what seems obvious.

I agree. I'm from the opinion that if an album is full of worthy good songs - that's the case of the last album, in which almost every song could easily turn a single - why not release 5 or 6 singles from it and driving people to know what the album is really made of?
I think is a good thing because it goes on the thought that "let people know our music. the more songs from us they listen, the more they'll know and maybe appreciate it (and give us some more bucks, naturally...)".
Either way, the album may have almost 18 months but it doesn't seem outdated. LAPOE, Miracle drug, AMAAW (ok, I don't like it much but I admit that it fits here), Yahweh or Fast Cars can easily be played on the radio, and accompained with a creative and meaningful video, it can be another hit for the guys. It wouldn't be the first neither the last time in discographic industry that it'd happen. So, go ahead!

I hope after the tour they put Bomb to rest. It was a great ride but all great things must come to an end. I say they take some time off and get to work on some new material :yes:

cjboog said:
I hope after the tour they put Bomb to rest. It was a great ride but all great things must come to an end. I say they take some time off and get to work on some new material :yes:

eggggggsactly

the next single will be called BURNOUT, a song that is in boners head since nearly 7 years...BURNOUT is such an angry song you can't imagine. BURNOUT is the first single of U2s next album called FUCKER. but the best of the next album is that this be a hard rocking record :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom