U2's New Video...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZooMacPhisto800

War Child
Trainspotters will notice that U2.com has posted a new video for the unreleased b-side "I Will Follow" at http://www.u2.com/av/.

In a word... it sucks. It looks like it was shot in the early 1980s. A bunch of look-alike kids play the role of U2 in the vid and the sort-of old-style "return to our roots" bit just doesn't cut it. I can't tell if it's a joke or if it's U2 trying to push the envelope... The video has no staying quality and will likely go the way of "Please", "If God Will Send His Angels" and other U2 vids everyones 'surprised to find out were shot.

Terrible, terrible vid... the only way you're going to see it is by visiting U2.com or by requesting it on a request show.

Is it this one?
78779659.jpg

If it is, you're being sarcastic right? :wink:

kellyahern said:
If it is, you're being sarcastic right? :wink:

I can understand why it could be appreciated... It's avant-garde (or is apres-garde?)... But to me, this is worse than the U2 "football" video ("Stuck In a Moment..."?)... You wonder who made the decision to release this video... Doesn't anyone screen these things?

Re: Re: U2's New Video...

kellyahern said:

That is U2 in 1980.

Scary, isn't it :shifty:.

Larry's the giveaway... ROFTL! I bet Larry was complaining about that the same way he complained about Passengers... but, in the end, Bono gets what he wants.

Lol, i like the "football" Stuck video, it just cracks me up

Bono doing the wave but taking a seriously long time, Edge falling down the stairs, Larry acting like a hooligan, and Adam reading the Irish Times doing his Adam thing

:lol: it's not one of their deeper, more meaningful videos that's fore sure

FUCK its not a new video!! its the vidoe for i will follow from boy!

who ever thinks this video sucks needs to be shot !!!!

get your fucking facts right first and then post NEWBIE:mad:

who let this guy in :wink: LOL

Re: Re: Re: U2's New Video...

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

Larry's the giveaway... ROFTL! I bet Larry was complaining about that the same way he complained about Passengers... but, in the end, Bono gets what he wants.

2 things:
A: if this is a joke I like the fact that you pulled peoples leg with this one

B: If you are for real you are an idiot

:huh:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I really like those early U2 videos.

They're full of exuberance and determination and even then, a bit of whimsical mocking of being "rock stars".

I hope this is a joking thread.

LOVE AND PEACE....:wink:

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
Trainspotters will notice that U2.com has posted an old video for the first single by U2 called "I Will Follow" at http://www.u2.com/av/.

In a word... it rocks for 1980 being that music videos were relatively new. A bunch of kids called Larry, Adam, Bono and Edge play the role of U2 in the vid. It's U2 trying to push the envelope. The video has staying quality and will likely go the way of "Please", "If God Will Send His Angels" and other U2 vids which were great.

Great great vid... the only way you didn't see it is if you aren't a U2 fan.

:wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Lol, i like the "football" Stuck video, it just cracks me up

Bono doing the wave but taking a seriously long time, Edge falling down the stairs, Larry acting like a hooligan, and Adam reading the Irish Times doing his Adam thing

:lol: it's not one of their deeper, more meaningful videos that's fore sure

I agree that video was a bit odd:shifty: But it was supposed to be entertaining to the "American" audience:giggle:

shaun vox said:
FUCK its not a new video!! its the vidoe for i will follow from boy!

who ever thinks this video sucks needs to be shot !!!!

get your fucking facts right first and then post NEWBIE:mad:

who let this guy in :wink: LOL

yeah. . . ban this guy!!

Back
Top Bottom