U2's new image revealed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
The pics are in PLEBA, and also the link to that thread is attached in the U2News forum article on LA times newsbit.

The rest of the guys look pretty much like Elevation era, but Bono appears to be wearing denim, see-through (red? orange?) shades and a cowboy hat. The background is fluorescent-green (discotheque?).

What do you think?

The guys look they have done for the past 3 years or so. No new image to be found here.

Tizer said:
The guys look they have done for the past 3 years or so. No new image to be found here.

Yeah, Bono's always been wearing that cowboy hat, huh?

all that has changed pretty much is that bono has stolen Edge's Popmart hat and painted his shades a new colour. (lol sounds like that Simpsons episode where they release a new Malibu Stacey doll which is exactly the same as the previous doll but with a new hat. But hey, it sells!)

GO ALBUM GO!!

So that others don't have to face the horrors of PLEBA (I barely got out alive!), here are the pics:

latimes2.jpg

latimes1.jpg

thread:

http://forum.interference.com/t94746.html

Hello guys!
I could not understand what's the meaning of Bono's new look, the cowboy hat ( looks like a beach hat :scratch: :confused:), but I love the new sunglasses. :wink:

There's no meaning probably, it's just the new look. Anyway, they seem to go back to more like 80's image, so it may probably mean that there's more rock'n'roll to their music now than in the 90's. I like their new simplicity, I really do. The only thing is... my son will want new shades as well :mad: !

Eirinn said:
There's no meaning probably, it's just the new look. Anyway, they seem to go back to more like 80's image, so it may probably mean that there's more rock'n'roll to their music now than in the 90's. I like their new simplicity, I really do. The only thing is... my son will want new shades as well :mad: !

:laugh: One of my kids Thiago, will want too.:cool:

I want that hat.

lol, They look great, I wish edge would shave his head and lose the touque, like he looked at an award show with his wife in 2002-3ish? Pics of that would be great!

But edge still looks cool anyway, and he will rock the new album so he can do what he wants!

Adam has no glasses anymore and silver hair, I'd say thats pretty cool!

Larry....well, he's larry, that makes it funny!

my favorite picture is the one with the green-yellow background with bono having crossed his arms! that one is the best!

Last edited:
innocent_eyes said:

Adam has no glasses anymore and silver hair, I'd say thats pretty cool!

I think after Elevation tour he went grey-ish with his hair, but seeing him without glasses (lenses, I guess) is definitely new to me.

adam looks good
larry...he hasn't changed in years and that is fine with me
edge...not bad
bono...liked the elevation look better.

I forgto to add that I'm excited about the elevation-like clothes mixwed with fly goggles, complimented with a lovetown hat on Bono.

It's like all the best bono looks rolled up into one. I think we're gonna be blown away by the new album and tour.

ps: I loved bonos elevation rock star gear, but i like this just as much, if not more. That hat ROCKS!!!!!

I like the Elevation look much better. Bono just looked so sleek and cool. Here he almost looks older than he really is. I honestly don't like the hat... hopefully non of the songs will have a country feel...

Bono's been wearing that hat around Dublin since early May!! It'll look a bit silly in November if its his new look!!!:huh:
Not that keen on the new shades either they look to wide on the bridge of his nose!! BONO NO SHADES PLEASE!!!

If these were taken by Anton Corbin then I dont think much to them lets hope the publicity shots are much better.

People, people, people....

Bono teases us with a new look just before an album comes out and then swaps it right at the last second or as things get underway.

Achtung Baby - Started with the shabby-chic tie-dye stylings (AB cover-art) and then was more consistently "The Fly"

POP - started with the hooded sweatshirt thing, then went with the Elvis Costello look (POP launch from K-Mart) ended up with an eclectic mix of military/cropped/bald.

ATYCLB - Started with the shorter-haired, more cleaned-up look (BD video), then went with the dyed black mullet and quasi-military leather jacket.

My guess is that we'll see a similar shift in Bono's look in the coming months - who knows what. I'm hoping for a more age-appropriate look.

why can't he just ditch the hat and shades?

not many people look as good au natural as he does (think of the One video or a tribute to heroes).

At this point I don't care much for whether or not they'll look different for the next album, I just want them to sound different.

Everybody looks good except Bono. Bono, dear, I love you, but there is too much going on with this look. Choose a hat or the glasses, not both. And the hair either needs to be tamed or cut, the way it's sticking out in the back gives you a dirty look. But I still love you!

Adam looks HOT.

Actually, I'm just happy to see a recent picture of all four of them together. When was the last time that happened? I was beginning to worry that the earth had opened up and swallowed Edge, Larry and Adam.

To me this means one thing: the new album is coming!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

On the U2tour.de forum, some people said the new look - especially Bono - is POP meets ATYCLB and they are speculating it's the new sound. :shrug:

They look ok, except for Bono's hat and hair lately.

Back
Top Bottom