U2's new image revealed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People, people, maybe Bono doesn't look as awesome as he did during Elevation, but that sure as hell beats the Popmart look. Oh, and by the way, Bono's hat is markedly different to Edge's hats from Popmart.

I posted the following as a comment on a U2 LiveJournal community and I'll repost it here.

Memos to the band;

#1 - Nice look, Bono. Don't listen to the naysayers - keep the hat. Just don't wear it at concerts, alright?

#2 - Edge, lose the beanie. That's gotten old and I never liked it anyway. 1981 Edge is where it's at, or if you absolutely refuse to return to that, at least grow your hair/wear a wig to return to the Lovetown look.

#3 - Adam, please, glasses. The JT era ones.

#4 - Will you ever age, Larry? Or change anything at all? Didn't think so.

Christ on a bike!! JT - AB/ZooTv was a change of image. That to POP was a change of image. POP to ATYCLB/Elevation was a change of image. Putting a different hat on and wearing some sunglasses that are are a different colour to the hundreds worn in the past 5 years is not a change of image.

its the same old shit nothing new!

they do need to work on their new look! but if the music rocks then im cool if they even look they way they do now.

shaun vox said:
they do need to work on their new look! but if the music rocks then im cool if they even look they way they do now.

I'm gonna be listening to their music a helluva lot more than I'm gonna be looking at pictures of them. I know which I'd prefer them to work on!

great pics!!! i love the boat one, that blue filter is giving it a fascinating goth atmosphere. If that's not corbijn, i really need to know who is the author.

For the look, they look what they are: four cool guys in their forties, being one of them more extravagant than the others. It's ok for me.

Tizer said:
Christ on a bike!! JT - AB/ZooTv was a change of image. That to POP was a change of image. POP to ATYCLB/Elevation was a change of image. Putting a different hat on and wearing some sunglasses that are are a different colour to the hundreds worn in the past 5 years is not a change of image.

The glasses are not the same.

Wow! Bono's looks much older than his age would indicate. I think Bono is destined to be the next Keith Richards and be the but of all late-night TV jokes about how he looks old. I think its about time Bono should slow down on the booze and cigarettes.

I think Clayton has no more spectacles thanks to the wonders of laser eye surgery --- or perhaps he is wearing contact lenses.

Draping all the band members in denim sure is a nice touch. And Bono with the hat and the Edge in denim sure brings back memories of U2's salad days in 1987.

In the end it's not the looks that matter - but the music. And that is what I am really after.

Cheers,

J

Somone's gonna have to explain the whole draping them denim thing that Jdick has spotted. Never mind the Richards comparison.
Draping them in denim?!! do you mean Edge has his jeans on? If so..1987 all over again.:rolleyes:

Tizer said:
1987 all over again.

If only it could be :drool:

bandmag2.jpg

AussieU2fanman said:
all that has changed pretty much is that bono has stolen Edge's Popmart hat and painted his shades a new colour. (lol sounds like that Simpsons episode where they release a new Malibu Stacey doll which is exactly the same as the previous doll but with a new hat. But hey, it sells!)

GO ALBUM GO!!

buahahahahahahahaha!!!! :lmao:

Tizer said:
Somone's gonna have to explain the whole draping them denim thing that Jdick has spotted. Never mind the Richards comparison.
Draping them in denim?!! do you mean Edge has his jeans on? If so..1987 all over again.:rolleyes:

Check out Edge's attire in 1987. If I remember right, he had jeans and a denim jacket, but I could be wrong and the jacket could not have been denim. But I think they mostly wore denim pants.

And Bono growing his hair and the kinda cowboy like hat brings back memories of 1987. U2 wants to remind the fans of their salad days for this new look.

Cheers,

J

jick said:

Check out Edge's attire in 1987. If I remember right, he had jeans and a denim jacket, but I could be wrong and the jacket could not have been denim. But I think they mostly wore denim pants.

And Bono growing his hair and the kinda cowboy like hat brings back memories of 1987. U2 wants to remind the fans of their salad days for this new look.

Cheers,

J

Hmmm...as far as I can see, Edge is wearing a leather jacket in those pics, much like Elevation tour, not denim.

Bono's hat looks much more like Edge's Popmart/Electrical storm straw-made hat, not really the cowboy hat from JT tour - didn't look closely at the pictures.

Keith Richards?!?
Hardly, though long hair (some of you are overreacting; he's not bald just yet) and un-shaved beard does make him look older.

thanks for posting those pics ...made my day u did
It seems to me that no matter how old Bono gets, he still has the look of a naughty boy who is about to get up to some mischief
:heart: :up:
:angel: :devil:
I am a bit perturbed by the cowrie shells on his hat. They were a big fashion item here in Australia a couple of summers ago, on belts, handbags...oh whats' that word Patsy Stone?...on accessories. I have seen cowrie shell creatures slowly dying and I feel a bit sorry for them...a minor point. I'll find it in my heart to forgive him.
I also seea new possible career for my husband...a body double for Edge:faint: I love the look in Edge's eye in that second photo, his eyes look the same as that childhood photo of him with Dik in the Unforgettable Fire book :heart:
and that rhythmsection...well they must know the location of the fountain of youth.
The naughty forties :up:...knock'em dead guys
U2 :heart:

Okay so the picture I posted was Lovetown era, 88-89 but that was the first one I could find of the era in a hurry. Yes in 87 they had more denim!

what a bomb! said:
lose the hat! lose the frigging hat! otherwise he will be too paranoid to remove it cos of his receding hairline! lol

Sigh. I don't want to start up an old 'hair war' here but why do people keep saying his hairline is 'receding??' Receding means going backwards on the forehead further and further showing more and more of the head. That is NOT the case with Bono, check any recent pic, blow it up, his hairline is where it's always been, the problem is somewhere in between;) It's not a bad problem, his hair is still nice, but it is a little thinner somewhere on the top than it used to be. But it is not receding, and I don't believe he is 'going bald.' I think what you see now is what you get, what he's left with is the way it's going to be and he's doing a good job dealing with it. If I were Bono, I'd wear a hat too, and be so sick of all the hair comments :rolleyes:

I'm surprised more people aren't yelling for Edge to 'lose the beanie' as they usually do.

In my personal opinion, really, Bono and Edge, stay the same. Adam looks old and gruff IMO, he needs to grow his hair out and dye it blond and get that scowl off his face which only accentuates the wrinkles. Larry too, grow it out some, the crewcut makes his nose look huge! But all things considered, they look fine!

I love U2's music from the 80s, but honestly, today those outfits just look silly. I definitely don't want to see edge with that haircut or Adam with that goofy looking outfit. Their 80s look is completely silly looking today. I wouldn't be able to watch them without cringing. Blech.

I still think they'd look hot in their 80's gear. Now I would cringe if they pulled out some of the old 'Pop' costumes though :no: :sexywink:

Looks too much like before. They look good, but Bono's hair is the length it was for ATYCLB, Edge and Larry are basically wearing the same clothes as before......I wish they'd come up with something totally NEW. It doesn't have to be rediculous or drastic, but they've had so many creative/recognizable "images" in the past (the Fly, McPhisto, the Zoo suits, PopMart) it shouldn't be impossible for them to find something other than alternating leather and denim jackets.

jick said:
Wow! Bono's looks much older than his age would indicate. I think Bono is destined to be the next Keith Richards and be the but of all late-night TV jokes about how he looks old. I think its about time Bono should slow down on the booze and cigarettes.

Besides the Keith Richards thing, I pretty much agree. That hair style besides being long like so many are lusting after really does nothing for Bono. And I really dislike the see-through lenses on the shades. Either wear shades or don't. The lighter ones just make his eyes look weird. Bono, dear, I love you, but maybe you should spend some of this vacation meeting with a stylist!

bedouin fire said:
great pics!!! i love the boat one, that blue filter is giving it a fascinating goth atmosphere. If that's not corbijn, i really need to know who is the author.

For the look, they look what they are: four cool guys in their forties, being one of them more extravagant than the others. It's ok for me.

The photos are credited to Genaro Molina, Los Angeles Times :wink:

And I agree with your second comment! :D

Back
Top Bottom