U2's New CD, or what??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
prideofzootv said:
actualy new album shud be: -

"U2-couldn't think of anything new" (CTOAN)

featuring

mysterious gays

something tells me that the showMANship for this song will be surreal :hmm:

Elevation version is the best live version imo. Though of course the albim version is peerless, their best single ever imo. I don't think we should judge the Fly from Bowie's opinion, his judgement isn't always that great. In 1991, when he made his comments about The Fly wasn't he in Tin Machine?

The Fly is awesome! I thought it soundxed great on record, on ZooTV, on Elevation, but not so much Vertigo :|

An Cat Gav said:
Elevation version is the best live version imo. Though of course the albim version is peerless, their best single ever imo. I don't think we should judge the Fly from Bowie's opinion, his judgement isn't always that great. In 1991, when he made his comments about The Fly wasn't he in Tin Machine?

Well said... :giggle:

Sometimes I wish this board wasn't so politically correct. I warn you, never listen to Dave Chappelle or Carlos Mencia or you will surely have a heart attack.

I think a personal attack (although really, not much of one) like calling someone a 'tard' is a little different than listening to stand up comics.

Although to an extent, I agree - it is sort of weird how many boundaries can be crossed and yet, at the same time cannot.

If I was trying to attack anyone I wouldn't call them a tard. And I wouldn't attack anyone because they like one version of a song better than another. I was clearly being silly.

shart1780 said:
Sometimes I wish this board wasn't so politically correct. I warn you, never listen to Dave Chappelle or Carlos Mencia or you will surely have a heart attack.

If you can't tell the difference then you have some growing up to do.

My point is that it seems like when I say anything somewhat politically incorrect ne of the board members almost has a heart attack.

shart1780 said:
My point is that it seems like when I say anything somewhat politically incorrect ne of the board members almost has a heart attack.

Well maybe you should work on being less rude. Just a thought.

It has nothing to do with PC, that's such a cop out, it has to do with decency...

Decency? Somehow calling someone a tard seems a little less than "indecent" to me. But then again, I am under 50 years old.

Maybe if you guys are so against "indecency" you should get a little more worked up when someone starts blurting out the F word nonstop here.

shart1780 said:

Maybe if you guys are so against "indecency" you should get a little more worked up when someone starts blurting out the F word nonstop here.

Well when that F word is actually aimed towards someone and not just used as an expletive then you'll have someone to argue with...

I just saw on VH1 the "working class hero" video from Instant Karma, could be that U2 will make a video too for this project? :hmm:

PD: I´ll keep an eye on inside broadcast this days :shifty: :corn:

shart1780 said:
So swearing isn't indecent unless you're cussing someone out? News to me.

My whole point is there is a difference between saying:

"F**k you", and saying "that's f**king awesome".

Sorry you can't see the difference...

Just don't hide behind a PC cop out...

If I actually believe this board is very PC (which I do) how is that a cop out? You're assuming I'm just using that as an excuse to say what I do. I actually do talk this way to people I know and people online (with discression of course) and no one really seems to care because they're not uptight. It's normal. I've never heard anyone tell me "OMG you said TARD!!" or anything of the sort. Saying F*** you is a little different than jokingly calling someone a tard.

Again, swearing is vulgarity whether or not it's used as a verbal attack.

Last edited:
shart1780 said:
If I actually believe this board is very PC (which I do) how is that a cop out? You're assuming I'm just using that as an excuse to say what I do. I actually do talk this way to people I know and people online (with discression of course) and no one really seems to care because they're not uptight. It's normal. I've never heard anyone tell me "OMG you said TARD!!" or anything of the sort. Saying F*** you is a little different than jokingly calling someone a tard.

This will be my last post on this, for we are off topic...

I don't care if you talk to your friends like that. If that's how you want to hold yourself that's fine. But I've seen you degrade homosexuals, be holier than thou towards alcohol, judge people for not being true Christians, all the while calling people fugly, calling people tards, and being down right mean. It has nothing to do with PC, don't kid yourself... You come off as hypocrite most of the time. And if you continue doing it, people will continue to call you out on it, and I'm not the only one, I've seen you called out on it several times.

So it's up to you. Live by the standards you set(or pretend to set) or don't.

shart1780 said:

I'm not uptight, but it was clearly uncalled for. I'm not offended, but keep in mind that plenty of people could be.

I've never called anyone stupid names like that. It's not only a poor choice of words, but a terrible insult, brings nothing to the discussion, I could go on.

Vulgarity, yes, but there's still a major difference in the level of offensiveness.

Wait, so you honestly feel that jokingly calling someone a tard (remember the context in which I said it) is horribly offensive?

I could deal with a little off color, but a terrible insult? I think that's ridiculous. Philly culture must be radically different from where I live, because I've used that word in plenty of instances (and many others have used it too) and I've never had a reason to think anyone was ever insulted, much less TERRIBLY insulted.

Last edited:
shart1780 said:
Wait, so you honestly feel that jokingly calling someone a tard (remember the context in which I said it) is horribly offensive?

I could deal with a little off color, but a terrible insult? I think that's ridiculous.

I mean terrible as in it doesn't say anything. That's like calling someone a dickhead or something. It's just stupid more than anything. The only thing is, like using "gay" as an insult, is that there are groups of people who it refers to, and portrays them in a negative light. I remember the context, and it's still the same: an offensive thing to say that doesn't bring anything to the discussion. Completely unnecessary. Immature. And offensive.

I'm sure in talking to your friends you use derogatory terms. I hear it all the time. But this isn't some chat with your buddies, is it?

phillyfan26 said:

I mean terrible as in it doesn't say anything. That's like calling someone a dickhead or something. It's just stupid more than anything. The only thing is, like using "gay" as an insult, is that there are groups of people who it refers to, and portrays them in a negative light. I remember the context, and it's still the same: an offensive thing to say that doesn't bring anything to the discussion. Completely unnecessary. Immature. And offensive.

I'm sure in talking to your friends you use derogatory terms. I hear it all the time. But this isn't some chat with your buddies, is it?

In all honesty if you said to me "Vertigo version is better, dickhead!" I wouldn't think anything of it because I would never assume that you honestly thought I was a dichead because I liked one version of The Fly better than another.

Now, if you called me a dickhead in a completely serious conversation I would be insulted.

shart1780 said:

In all honesty if you said to me "Vertigo version is better, dickhead!" I wouldn't think anything of it because I would never assume that you honestly thought I was a dichead because I liked one version of The Fly better than another.

Now, if you called me a dickhead in a completely serious conversation I would be insulted.

But dickhead doesn't refer to a group of people that could be offended! That was the entire point of my post!

BonoVoxSupastar said:
It's easy when retarded people can't post to tell you how that term being used as an insult hurts them...

Are all retaded people unable to type? Also, I think very few of these retarded people would be able to type in the Inerference URL.

shart1780 said:

Are all retaded people unable to type? Also, I think very few of these retarded people would be able to type in the Inerference URL.

And there goes the point sailing over your head...

phillyfan26 said:

But dickhead doesn't refer to a group of people that could be offended! That was the entire point of my post!

And my point is that considering no one I've known of has been offended by that word (save you) which I've used alot, I didn't think it was going to be a problem.

shart1780 said:

And my point is that considering no one I've known of has been offended by that word (save you) which I've used alot, I didn't think it was going to be a problem.

:banghead:

Are any of your friends retarded?

Is this board a chat with your close friends?

Have you ever called someone retarded as an insult in the prescence of someone actually retarded?

Back
Top Bottom