U2's Longevity: Partly Due To Pot Belly Avoidance?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:
As for working out, obviously Larry does and Bono swims, and boxes in the punch bag. I don't know about the others.

So Bono still swims now? I think I need pictures for evidence :wink:

Jick, you rock. Cool thread. I agree... could be compared to the RHCP who are probably around U2's age (okay, maybe more in their 30s, I don't know) but still parade around with their shirts off and look perfectly healthy (though Flea is starting to look really old imo). Or REM... I have to say they appear considerably older than U2, and do you see them on MTV? I love REM but I don't think they're nearly as relevant to the younger generation as U2. Most of this is probably the fact that their music is too "mellow" for the average teen, but I think appearence kinda has something to do with it too...

I hate to say this, but jick might have a point.

I was at a non U2-related discussion board when the Vertigo video came out, and the majority of the people on there, who I would assume were casual fans at best, said stuff like "good song, good video, and they still look good!"

I believe the band's physical appearance doesn't matter a great deal to the die-hard U2 fans, but the general public is very different. Like it or not, we live in a very shallow age.

hmmm
nice thread......interesting points.
i was thinking about u2 and thier image the other day. Do you think that this image is the one they will stay with until they(i don't want to say it:( ) retire. ie adams older image, no glasses, edges casual t-shirt and jeans (as well as beanie and goatie etc) bonos longish hair + shades and larry (err does he have an image?).
i suppose the older image kinda shows an honesty about them.

19875fy.jpg

19934uo.jpg

19971af.jpg

20015bx.jpg

NOW

now7lx.jpg

now24pt.jpg

Last edited:
U2girl said:
I think RHCP are about U2s age.

They are. Anthony Keidis and Flea were born in 1962, and Chad Smith in 1961. John Frusciante was born in 1970, so he's really the only exception.

Back
Top Bottom