U2's last song on their last concert ever.. what should it be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallucination

Refugee
O.k. just for fun(U2 ending is not fun I know) if U2 were to ever declare a certian show as being their last show ever what song should they go out with? For me I think the perfect way for them to leave us would be with Where the Streets Have No Name. For me this song is the ultimate song ever whether it be live or studio. No song can energize or lift a crowd the way Streets does and it has the epic U2 sound. I think ending it on a high note would be so much better than with a song with a mellower tone. Streets to me would just be the perfect exclamation point on the greatest band of all times career.

hmm. i would hate to think of this moment ever coming true, but if it were to come true, i know it would be a spectacle of a moment in itself.
i'd love it if they played 40 into Streets =)

omg i just realized something. i dont think i ever remember a time when they snippeted something at the end of streets. have they? it's just too perfect to add anything else to it.

tuwie said:
omg i just realized something. i dont think i ever remember a time when they snippeted something at the end of streets. have they? it's just too perfect to add anything else to it.

Well...I'm not sure it counts as a snippet...but bono has mouthed (sp?).."All You Need Is Love"...at the end before...

angelordevil said:

:lol:

I actually wasn't being sarcastic with my Gone suggestion, as some of its lyrics could suit the context, especially the last ones about "goodbye, it's an emotional goodnight/I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down". I was also thinking 11 O'clock Tick Tock could be incorporated; "I know it's time to go". Beyond its title, I don't think Exit can really lyrically relate.

What I think would be awesome is if the main set ended with Bad, the first encore with 11 O'clock Tick Tock, the second with Streets, the third with Gone, and then the band comes back out one last time to play 40 to end the show. 40 would also quite appropriately mean that Larry is the last on stage.

tuwie said:

Actually, to quote you again! :lol:

Playboy Mansion on the PopMart Tour

tuwie said:

It's been done. Bono_man2002's right with All You Need Is Love, and The Playboy Mansion was added at the end of some Popmart shows. I think Singing In The Rain was also used at the end at one Popmart show, and I once caught a couple of lines that sounded like they were from The Fly. And then of course Popmart often had improvised lyrics to close Streets, as seen on the Mexico City video.

tuwie said:
hmm. i would hate to think of this moment ever coming true, but if it were to come true, i know it would be a spectacle of a moment in itself.
i'd love it if they played 40 into Streets =)

I agree Tuwie. I think a 40 into Streets would be perfect. If you wanna take it a step further they could do a Bad/40/Streets the way they did on the Boston dvd. I know it's been done before but that would be the most amazing way to close it out. Bono could even change the lyrics somehow at the end of Streets to be "this all we ever wanted to do". But you're right the end of Streets is just way too perfect to snippet anything onto the end of it.

bono_man2002 said:

Actually, to quote you again! :lol:

Playboy Mansion on the PopMart Tour

Damn you! I thought I'd beaten you to pointing that one out. :wink:

theu2fly said:
Walk On
Yahweh

3 slow songs in a row though to close out their career?:|

I agree with you Axver about it being totally apropriate with Larry exiting the stage last durring 40. My feeling with Streets though is that every single person in the crowd would know the song. Not everyone necessarily knows 40 or Walk On or Gone or especially 11 O'clock tick tock.

wthrwthoutyu said:

Larry started the whole circus, let him close the show.

Yes! I never even thought of it that way, but now that you said it, it's perfect.

Also, can you imagine the emotion? The entire audience standing around afterwards singing "How long to sing this song?" and crying? (Then again, there probably would be plenty of tears no matter what they ended with).

Bono's shades said:

Yes! I never even thought of it that way, but now that you said it, it's perfect.

Also, can you imagine the emotion? The entire audience standing around afterwards singing "How long to sing this song?" and crying? (Then again, there probably would be plenty of tears no matter what they ended with).

But even more so with 40; half the audience would be sobbing themselves sick (I know I would.)

I bet even Larry might cry. :ohmy: :reject:

40, hands down. Even though I don't think U2 will ever have an "official" final concert, it would be a perfect way to end something like that.

^ :lol: watch out for the backlash on that one

Hallucination said:

I agree Tuwie. I think a 40 into Streets would be perfect. .

In fact, I've thinked a lot about the LAST SONG thing... and I came up with this

whatever they play before
probably 5 minutes of HOW LONG TO SING THIS SONG (everybody crying... no one leaving... the stage black, no lights, in the screen it says HOW LONG...) and then... after 5 minutes of roaring and amazing dublin-esque (of course, this is THERE) sing a long, we hear a familiar intro... the HOW LONG letters on the screen start to turn red... then the WHOLE screen, and BONO joins the crowd with a HOW LONG TO SING THIS SONG, as the intro goes in cresscendo more and more ande EDGE enters with
WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME

in fact... and jus to see what everybody thinks...

what if the final concert start AND ends with WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME¿?... StreetsX2

of course, the first one, with a history video intro, and the last one like I told just now

discuss...

Back
Top Bottom