U2's last great album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually think they've only had 2 CLASSIC albums-ones right up among the best-TJT and AB

Having said that I think TUF, War, HTDAB and even Boy are all really, really good

depends what you define as great...album sales? yes bomb and leave behind were amazing.... musically, sonically, daring and ballzy..Pop hands down....coming from a person who bought it the day it came out and hated it....actually only liked it till i came here....chances are you will never hear songs like that from them again.....its safe to say you will hear a few more "bomb" like songs from them :(

Utoo said:
"Another Day" single

:tsk: Another Day was such a step down from the Keystone Studios session. That was U2's only truly great recording session; everything since has just been total dross. Especially that awful Forgotten Flames album or whatever it was called.

ATYCLB was their last great album.

And no, it wasn't their best, but it was a great album. Almost every song was excellent. And this is from a person who is a die-hard 90's U2 fan. I can still see the beauty in what they did with ATYCLB.

Bomb was crap...ATYCLB leftovers...should have been a b-side album.

I think Bomb is the last great album but U2 still only has 2 "classic" albums and those are Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree, but I feel that the next one might hit the classic level if done correctly.

CPTLCTYGOOFBALL said:
I actually think they've only had 2 CLASSIC albums-ones right up among the best-TJT and AB

Having said that I think TUF, War, HTDAB and even Boy are all really, really good

I agree completely!

Bomb. :heart: I do honestly think it was great, any album that contains love and peace or else and city of blinding lights can't be anything less than great!

They have had some truly GREAT songs this century, Beautiful Day, Ground Beneath her Feet, COBL, Vertigo, Fast Cars, Sometimes and Electrical Song. However in terms of GREAT albums that will be considered one of the top 100 of all times by people who know about music then I think their last truly great record was Achtung Baby, though Passengers and Zooropa are great in their own way. Pop ATYCLB and HTDAAB are brilliant and better than most albums out there and I love them but deep in my heart of hearts I know that they're not quite up there.

POP was their last great album. Lately they have been able to produce some great songs, but not great albums.

Achtung Baby still sends shivers down my spine every time I listen to it. It has got it all. The album never sounds dated...
U2's early work give the 80s blues..... even though there are lots of great songs.... I guess it's because I'm growing older....

Pop, ATYCLB and HTDAAB do have songs that are less inspiring than AB...
...but then again, it's just my humble opinion.....

theu2fly said:
POP most likely... All That You... was a good attempt but some songs fell flat...

Most notably Peace on Earth, Wild Honey (a good b-side), Grace, Stuck In A Moment...

Talking about Wild Honey, its a track that an 80's or 90's U2 would have stuck on a b-side. But having said that, comparing it to some of U2's 80's/90's b-sides and Wild Honey doesn't even compare to previous b-sides. I'm thinking of Spanish Eyes, Silver and Gold, A Room at the heartbreak hotel, Dancing Barefoot, Alex Descends...Korova 1, Satellite of Love, Salome, lady with the spinning head....the list goes on....

Pop's their last GREAT album, by the way!

Back
Top Bottom