U2's last concert, what song would you like to see end it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
I was listening to my entire U2 collection shuffled today and thought about this.

Honestly, if I were at that show, the last on U2's last world tour, I could go home no happier than if they closed with Kite.

Such a graceful, beautiful song, and the lyrics are so perfect

Who knows when the time has come around
Don't want to see you cry
I know that this is not goodbye.

What do you guys think?

If I thought it was at all possible, then Heartland. For me, it is the most lyrically beautiful song they've ever recorded - and yet it's never been played live.

Maybe I would not like it so much if it had been, who knows...but that would be my choice.

they could end it with the fly playd like it was on zoo tv, followed by a nirvana style stage destruction :D

All I Want Is You at the end, the opener will of course be Zooropa

I think it's the greatest closer ever played. I don't know why U2 have stopped using it. It's so perfect.

One. I can't think of a more perfect farewell song. "We got to carry each other, carry each other."

I think Streets, just simply as most will be agreed that it's their finest ever live piece and in that sense is a fitting way to go.

40 - the best closer ever. No question in my mind that that's the one i'd like to hear, and the lyrics would fit the mood perfectly.

I think they should end it with mission impossible, such a beautiful and loving song to end a wonderful career, and bono should add some lyrics.. "Mission impossible! how long to sing this song.. Mission impossible! how long to sing this song!!"

Hahaha I am just kidding.. if it's not 40 I am going to go to my bedroom and swallow some pills and kill myself :madspit:

I'm going to say they should play One because of its universal theme and then go into 40. I agree that 40 would be the fitting end to a stellar live career.

Ok how bout this

They end with Until The End Of The World, a loud, jaggety IN YOUR FACE version that blasts our eardrums out. And they leave, but the lights stay off.

Then we see Larry take his drum kit, Adam walks out with one of edge's gutiars and edge takes the bass, bono comes out last and with dim lights they play the world's best rendition of 40, and the lights get brighter and brighter until it ends and we send off the world's greatest band in a blaze of glory.

if that should ever happen, I also think 40 should be the last song ever played - the perfect concert closer anyway...

If you really think it would be something other than One you must have no clue about the band's impact on the world. It is their signature song, their simplest message. They are more likely to make a grand statement of togetherness and love than some little shout out to the old fans.

Thematically, I'd suggest they ended with Gone, but that isn't happening. When POP came out one review said that if the band died in a plane crash Gone would be played at the candleligh vigil.

Yeah, 40 is the old school U2 fan's choice, but it certainly isn't realistic. Wake up.

laz

Back
Top Bottom