U2's "Island Treasures"...Anybody Else Have This Disc?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I have a U2 CD called "Island Treasures". It was released by Island in 1990, and it has "With or Without You", "In God's Country", and "11 O'Clock Tick Tock" (just the UABRS version). Does anybody else have this disc? I never see it mentioned anywhere ever.

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

Hey Bonochick--

I have that cd too (well it's not mine, but it was inherited from my parents)... I have no clue where they got it, and I don't know how many of them were put out either.... you can probably only get it on EBay now....

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Take me to that other place...

I have it, bought it last year in a local record store, last one they had. Too expensive, but I couldn?t help buying that one...as usual
wink.gif

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

Does anybody know why this was released? Did Island do this with other artists on their label, or was it just a U2 thing?

I scanned the CD as well (yes, I am putting off cleaning my room...*lol*).

ITCOVER.JPG

ITCOVER2.JPG

CD.JPG

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

Yeah, I've got that one. The funny thing is that the only place I ever saw it for sale was in the bookstore at the University I attended. The music section of the bookstore was awful--legendary bands weren't represented (like the WHO!), they didn't have the even remotely alternative acts of the day (I went to school between 92-96 and they didn't have Fugazi or My Bloody Valentine) and the bands that were there didn't have some of the most important works in their catalogue (no War or Unforgettable Fire). But they DID have about 25 copies of Island Treasures. They kept ordering the damn things when they ran low. Very strange.

MAP

Back
Top Bottom