U2's iPod/CD Playlist Right Now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawk269

Acrobat
From the K-Rock NYC interview

Adam Clayton:
Razorlight
Nick Cave
Elvis Costello

Larry Mullen:
The Killers
The Who

Bono:
Elvis Costello
The Killers
The Strokes – esp. their 2nd Album
The Hives
The Libertines
Oasis – Anticipating their next album
Radiohead
Coldplay – "up there with the best of the best"
R.E.M. – loves "Leaving New York"

The Edge:
Franz Ferdinand
BRMC
R.E.M.
The Thrills

Agree/Disagree? Discuss!

Funny, I just wrote that stuff down myself so I could go check it out. But I wrote Razorlight down as Rays of Light, I dunno?
:wave:

Lancemc said:
I don't care for the Killers. Very unexciting. (real word? who cares!)

Yeah, tend to agree. They are so-so. :yawn:

Anyone hear R.E.M.'s new disc? Haven't heard it, but I know it has gotten mixed reviews. Not much of a big R.E.M. fan, but do like their good stuff, whatever that may mean. :shrug:

Last edited:
i think the killers have some potential.
granted, they have a lot of studio polish. i have heard they are not great live. but i do like the energy on their cd and "somedody told me" is a crackin song, IMO. plus, they are u2 fans (for whatever that's worth).

i am a fan of franz ferdinand. i saw them live in NYC and they really put on a good show. they understand theatricality and performance art, for sure. i can see edge liking them. they seem to be influenced by his playing for sure.

on a side note, i love that bono's list is so long. and larry's list is nearly non-existent.

Last edited:
I love the fact that Larry hasn't figured the whole iPod thing out yet! In fact, he is still listening to a gramophone! :lol:

I like a lot of the stuff mentioned. I've been meaning to check out Razorlight but haven't gotten around to it yet. I also want to listen to the new Nick Cave CD, but I don't think it's even available in the U.S. yet, and I hate paying import prices.

I don't get all the love for Coldplay. I just don't. I admit, I liked A Rush of Blood to the Head when it first came out, but I got bored with them really quick.

Funny Bono didn't mention Nickleback this time. :wink: Guess he doesn't think they are so great after all...

:up:

discothequeLP said:
THE KILLERS ARE THE BEST

next to u2, of course

I agree. Of the new bands, The Killers have great potential. It would be such a combination if they opened for U2 (probably not going to happen). Still, a highly recommended CD - Hot Fuss.

HTDAAB is still better, however. :)

Back
Top Bottom