U2's cover of "Won't Get Fooled Again" better than The Who's live version!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
I think so, but I may be slightly biased

--------
and the morals that they worship, will be gone...
and so I get on my knees and pray... we don't get fooled again

hey you!

I agree...now come back, will ya??
wink.gif

U2's cover was very good. But I'd have a hard time saying it was better than The Who's version.

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

I'd have to agree with mikal...who has the best version for obvious reasons...

BTW..THE WHO ROCKED THE HOUSE !!! Those old guys still got it!!..no doubt...Pete and the hand swings...wow...and roger and the mic swinging..sh** they blew me away...!..best part of the show so far..!...hands down!

Peace!

------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

It was a ballsy choice of songs; I didn't think they'd do it. They usually aren't that political. I wonder what our war-supporting members think of them doing that song?

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever:
I'd have to agree with mikal...who has the best version for obvious reasons...

BTW..THE WHO ROCKED THE HOUSE !!! Those old guys still got it!!..no doubt...Pete and the hand swings...wow...and roger and the mic swinging..sh** they blew me away...!..best part of the show so far..!...hands down!

Peace!

I just watched their performance a coulple of minutes ago, I had taped the concert but I couldn't sit through Backstreet Idiots so I ended up missing. WOW no they completely blew me away. Seriously, probably the only real rock band on the whole bill and they tore the roof they even upstaged McCartney! wow.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

I'm sorry, but...no.

U2's cover version is pretty tremendous, but the original version is one of the five best rock songs of all time. Not even U2 can top it.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

I agree with you wanderer, I also think U2's version of HELTER SKELTER and ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER, are superior to the original bands versions.....

Hmm, Hendrix's AATW is way better than U2's version, even though their version kicks ass too.

That's all I'll say on this...no one ever confused me with a rock critic.
smile.gif

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

Bubble poppin' sugar droppin' rock and roll

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

To me, U2's versions "rock" more than the afore mentioned originals. The originals just don't have the "jump in your face kick" as U2 provides with their re-workings of two very good songs.

Just my opinion, but who am I anyway?

I think The Who and Hendrix's versions of AATWT and Wont Get Fooled Again were better than u2's, BUT, U2's version of Helter Skelter is much better than the beatles version.

I have a hard deciding which version I like of AATW--Dylan's or Hendrix's. But U2's is pretty good too. Whatever, they're all good in their own unique way.

I was pissed that Roger didn't sing the last 2 lines of Won't Get Fooled Again. Those are my favorite of the song...kind of sums up all the shit in the song.

------------------
ferris bueller you're my hero

Originally posted by PopFly:
I'm sorry, but...no.
U2's cover version is pretty tremendous, but the original version is one of the five best rock songs of all time. Not even U2 can top it.

Got to agree with Popfly here. U2 always does great covers, but when you hear The Who do "Won't get Fooled Again" you remember who's song it is! They were awesome!

of course it was.

and their b-side remakes of Beatles songs were better too

come to think of it, they're just the best
biggrin.gif

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

Back
Top Bottom