U2's Best Remixer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2@NYC

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Any comments / ideas on who do you think has done the best job in remixing U2 songs?

One caveat though, I personally do not find U2 remixes that appealing. Maybe it is due to the nature of the U2 songs that I do not like them changed around by professional DJs that much.

With that said, I like the Perfecto Mixes done by Paul Oakenfold as they still keep the essence of the song.

Thoughts?

I agree, Paul Oakenfold's remixes are the best, and the older ones have stood the test of time. Sometimes older remixes sound cheesy after a while.

I rarely like remixes. In fact, I struggle to think of any I like much at all ... remixes are always weaker than the original song, and something always seems to be lost for me. I want to yell "How dare you remix such a brilliant song into THAT!"

supposedly there's an underworld remix of mofo kicking around somewhere that we will probably never ever hear. that could be really cool. i bet it wouldn't keep the essence of the song, but it would likely be quite nice.

i would agree with many that the most consistent remixer is oakenfold and is perfectoness

Paul O.'s are definately excellent...

but my favorite is probably the Triple Peaks remix of I Can't help falling in love with you...something haunting about that.

MaPhisto said:
Paul O.'s are definately excellent...

but my favorite is probably the Triple Peaks remix of I Can't help falling in love with you...something haunting about that.

The Triple Peaks mix is pretty damn good, I find myself listening to that one a lot. Heck I like it even better than Elvis's version !

The 'Quincy and Sonance' remix of Beautiful Day is awesome.

I really like the 'U2-Mega-RE-Mix'. I'm not sure who did that, I know it's somewhat of an amature thing, but it's a lot better than most of the remixes you see done professionally.

It was done by Ronald or Donald or something like that. He occasionally posts here and apparently took it almost a year.

Back
Top Bottom