U2's best headphone song...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I splurged over Christmas and bought these little Bang & Olufsen earphones for my iPod. Doesn't sound like much, but for those little iPod-standard similar little in-ear things, they cost $250. They have opened up a whole new world in virtually everything I listen to.

I agree totally with If God Will Send His Angels. Zooropa. Velvet Dress. The whole Passengers album. Love is Blindness. The Unforgettable Fire (as a whole album too). Wake Up Dead Man as well, can hear more clearly all of what is going on in the background.

Crumbs From Your Table? Headphone song? Everything on that is just turned up to 10 and pushed to the front. It's painful on headphones. It's made for car speakers.

:up: on If God Will Send His Angels. The bass and drums kick in perfectly and Bono's voice is so crisp. The Edge's guitar is bright and the effects are fantastic.

Also, the cartoon network part with one Bono voice going up while another anchors it steady. :drool:

I need an ipod. :drool: I was listening to IGWSHA in my car today and noticing the back tracks having read this thread... would sound awesome. I haven't experienced much of U2 with headphones (lagger) other than UF which was great. It opens up a whole new dimension.

Earnie Shavers said:
I splurged over Christmas and bought these little Bang & Olufsen earphones for my iPod. Doesn't sound like much, but for those little iPod-standard similar little in-ear things, they cost $250. They have opened up a whole new world in virtually everything I listen to.

I agree totally with If God Will Send His Angels. Zooropa. Velvet Dress. The whole Passengers album. Love is Blindness. The Unforgettable Fire (as a whole album too). Wake Up Dead Man as well, can hear more clearly all of what is going on in the background.

Crumbs From Your Table? Headphone song? Everything on that is just turned up to 10 and pushed to the front. It's painful on headphones. It's made for car speakers.

Bang & Olufsen :drool:

MLK MLK MLK MLK MLK..

just in case someone misread, I meant to write MLK. :)

actually let me restate that, the entire UF and JT albums in general. has anyone heard 'One Tree Hill' through headphones? :drool: absolutely gorgeous.

My choice, although there are many good ones, is Lemon. From the barely audible talking at the beginning to the glorious fade-out at the end. I especially enjoy the high pitched synth sound in the background throughout the song. You know, the one that sort of stutters and sounds almost out of tune in places. That sound is one of the greatest sounds in the U2 canon and you can't really hear it without headphones. When I hear it I am transported to another place. Now that's good music.

Wake Up Dead Man. Headphones is the best way to hear all the effects used in the song, and the way sounds and words go from one ear to the other. :up:

MLK and Crumbs From Your Table are both great choices, but I have to go with Sometimes You Can't Make It on your own. I think that on the headphones it just sucks you in and you feel Bono's pain :sad: . Although, pretty much every song sounds better on headphones.

The entire Passengers album sounds amazing on headphones. You get to appreciate all the intricate little details and textures that are lost with speakers.

I rarely ever listen to music without headphones any more. It just feels wrong to use speakers.

I agree with alot of these

Most of UF- especially 4th of July and and Unforgettable Fire
Passengers- Most of the album
Pop- wake Up, IGWSHA, Last Night on Earth

Theres too many

Chizip said:
is If God Would Send His Angels

end of discussion

:lock:

:lol: funny post

And I agree - I coincidentally just listened to it on my ipod yesterday and was brought back to my FIRST memory of hearing it on headphones in 1997 on a school bus going to a drama competition. I quickly became obsessed with the song.

Now, as far as "orgasm in yer ear" quality goes, I would strongly recommend the Miami Elevation rehearsal of Mysterious Ways, at the start of which Bono does several soft moans and you can hear his lips part and close. Yeah.

..also 'I'm Not Your Baby' (Skysplitter Dub) from the Please single..... :drool:

...the whole things is just filthy funk taking its own time....

...and Mr. Claytons bass? ...with the added fuzz distortion? once again, :drool:

Back
Top Bottom