U2's B-Sides better than other bands Final Products!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobVox

Acrobat
For years my best friend and I have said that it is amzaing how U2 will toss a track (and it gets heard as a B-Side), and that these tracks are always better than what other bands put out as a final product.

Just to name a few:

A Celebration
Sweetest Thing
Lady with a Spinning Head
Native Son

(add more you can think of)

Discuss as you will, but this amazes me and says to me how great U2 are and how hard they work to get it just right.

Last edited:
Lady with a Spinning Head is one of my favorite songs!

I agree with Sweetest Thing.. and I'd like to include Always and Spanish Eyes.

Mercy is amazing, and I, like some others like Native Son more than Vertigo.

I thought of another I like (though it is a cover):

Don't take your Guns to town

^ U2 rock that song so hard it becomes theirs.

For what it's worth, A Celebration wasn't a b-side. It was a single that was never on album; it was released after October came out, because the record company didn't think the album had enough "single" material. Great song, though.

@lmixristhebest

Well if you look up the definition of B-Side in the anthology of music it is anything that a band works on that never gets an official album release, so I still think a celebration qualifies since it was Island and not U2 that wanted it for a single. They tossed it from the album lineup.

The UF era instrumentals are simply incredible. U2 could have done something amazingly different and released an instrumental album.

U2 has a handful of b-sides that are better than other bands final products. However on whole they're very average tracks. There are definitely some standouts but saying that they're all better than other bands final products is a bit of a stretch.

The weakest portion of U2's catalog is the b-sides. Sure there's exceptions but c'mon now. Big Girls Are Best? What a shit fucking song.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Shouldn't that be a "f*&#@ng sh*t" song?

Just my .02 cents, please don't flame me.....:wink:

I dont feel the need to be gramatically correct with my cursing.

Fucker mother. :wink:

I also dig Dancing Barefoot...another cover, which is funny because a friend and I saw Jewel and she played it...and we were both like "holy shit she's playing a U2 song!"

bonosleftone said:
U2 has a handful of b-sides that are better than other bands final products. However on whole they're very average tracks. There are definitely some standouts but saying that they're all better than other bands final products is a bit of a stretch.

Stories For Boys, Touch, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, Another Day, A Celebration, Party Girl, Boomerang I, Boomerang II, The Three Sunrises, Love Comes Tumbling, Bass Trap, Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come, Endless Deep, Walk To The Water, Luminous Times (Hold On To Love), Spanish Eyes, Silver And Gold, Dancing Barefoot, A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel (Uh, I've lost my copy of this - if I can't request it here, mods, edit this post, but if someone could send it to me at amakaxver@gmail.com I would be really happy), Where Did It All Go Wrong?, Lady With The Spinning Head, Salome, Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1, Slow Dancing, Your Blue Room, Are You Gonna Wait Forever?, Always, Summer Rain, Mercy.

You must have a pretty big hand if that's only a handful.

Axver said:

Stories For Boys, Touch, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, Another Day, A Celebration, Party Girl, Boomerang I, Boomerang II, The Three Sunrises, Love Comes Tumbling, Bass Trap, Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come, Endless Deep, Walk To The Water, Luminous Times (Hold On To Love), Spanish Eyes, Silver And Gold, Dancing Barefoot, A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel (Uh, I've lost my copy of this - if I can't request it here, mods, edit this post, but if someone could send it to me at amakaxver@gmail.com I would be really happy), Where Did It All Go Wrong?, Lady With The Spinning Head, Salome, Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1, Slow Dancing, Your Blue Room, Are You Gonna Wait Forever?, Always, Summer Rain, Mercy.

You must have a pretty big hand if that's only a handful.

and ok I submit, there are definitely more than a handful :wink:

I need to lay off the bongrips for a while lol

Last edited:
RobVox said:
@lmixristhebest

Well if you look up the definition of B-Side in the anthology of music it is anything that a band works on that never gets an official album release, so I still think a celebration qualifies since it was Island and not U2 that wanted it for a single. They tossed it from the album lineup.
I would have thought it was a song on the b-side of a single record. Not on the a-side.

Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart a bside? I think not. But if your definition is right, then there is no bside even CLOSE to this song.

Back
Top Bottom