U2's AMA and Justin Timberlake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by anitram:
I was actually planning on getting to Europe around the 15th! I'd love, love to see a show in Zagreb.
smile.gif

Well if it's realy going to happen, you can count one me getting you a ticket... offocurse if that's what you'll want, and if you have no other way to get to them

------------------
"Everyone loves me
everyone thinks I'm georgeous
they wait for their turn to meet me..." - Me, 2001.

Originally posted by popkidu2:
What'shisfacensyncboy's reaction was pathetic. It comes across as whiney and spoiled, like they fucking deserve the award or something.

That's what I'm saying!!!!

Originally posted by Sicy:
That's what I'm saying!!!!

They would be total lowlifes if they didn't think they deserve it...

Why are you judging them as individuals, as person? what so you even know about them privately? give me some arguments...
i hate that kind of music too, but they do their job, and they are having fun, what's wrong with that? They are making music for those who just want to dance and have fun... not all people want deeper meaning rom music - they find it in religion, books, movies or themselves, or they don't look for it at all... what do you have against all those people to call them names and to throw insults like that with no argumets and no knowledge about them as people adn not stars...
go out and ask a non-U2-fan about Bono, and very often you will hear negative remarks... and for those people you'll say that they "suck" or something highly intelectual like that
I don't get you, I realy don't

------------------
"Everyone loves me

Originally posted by Marko:
Well if it's realy going to happen, you can count one me getting you a ticket... offocurse if that's what you'll want, and if you have no other way to get to them

I might ask you to do me a favour.
smile.gif
I'd probably need 2 tickets. I have cousins who live in Zagreb (Amruseva/Palmoticeva), but if they can't do it, then I'll take you up on the offer.
smile.gif

Originally posted by anitram:
I might ask you to do me a favour.
smile.gif
I'd probably need 2 tickets. I have cousins who live in Zagreb (Amruseva/Palmoticeva), but if they can't do it, then I'll take you up on the offer.
smile.gif

no problem, just drop me a word when everything gets confirmed
smile.gif

------------------
"Everyone loves me

They would be total lowlifes if they didn't think they deserve it...

Why are you judging them as individuals, as person? what so you even know about them privately? give me some arguments...
i hate that kind of music too, but they do their job, and they are having fun, what's wrong with that? They are making music for those who just want to dance and have fun... not all people want deeper meaning rom music - they find it in religion, books, movies or themselves, or they don't look for it at all... what do you have against all those people to call them names and to throw insults like that with no argumets and no knowledge about them as people adn not stars...
go out and ask a non-U2-fan about Bono, and very often you will hear negative remarks... and for those people you'll say that they "suck" or something highly intelectual like that
I don't get you, I realy don't

So was that post a joke too?
wink.gif

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

I also haven't seen anyone judge Justin as a "person". We're judging his "statement". The reason why some members here don't like his statement is because they felt that NSync didn't deserve the award in the first place. And his statement SEEMED selfish. No one said Justin WAS selfish. Huge difference.

------------------

Originally posted by mikal:
So was that post a joke too?
wink.gif

you have to guess!
wink.gif

well good night people, I have to get some sleep. I work tomorow, adn than I'm going to France -skiing.
I'll be awy for 10 days, I know you won't miss me...

bye
smile.gif

------------------
"Everyone loves me

Originally posted by mikal:
I also haven't seen anyone judge Justin as a "person". We're judging his "statement". The reason why some members here don't like his statement is because they felt that NSync didn't deserve the award in the first place. And his statement SEEMED selfish. No one said Justin WAS selfish. Huge difference.

calling someone pathetic, loser, whiner and other stuff - what's that?

good night, no hard feelings, it would be terrible for us to fight over a boyband's singer and to get it personal
smile.gif

------------------
"Everyone loves me

Me thinks Marko and U2girl are twins.

1) Why do you think so?

2) happily we are not - so I still have a theoretical chance of getting that cute girl (did you see her pics)
smile.gif

3) If i go on like this I'll never get any sleep

------------------
"Everyone loves me

1) Why do you think so?

2) happily we are not - so I still have a theoretical chance of getting that cute girl (did you see her pics)
smile.gif

3) If i go on like this I'll never get any sleep

eek.gif

I think Sicy's on to something.

------------------

Hell, I think this is the most truthful thing I've ever heard Timberlake say.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

I think maybe its this smilie

icon28.gif

Its very misleading. hehe

I'll be honest - I like to see that I' making some kind of reaction. I like to provoke a reaction... And that smile, it's just a sign of a sence of humor I have. I guess that that kind of humor can't hit on target when you see it - you have to hear it in conversation.
I hate when I have to comunicate this way - "failure to comunicate" - everyone is so touchy, and a lot of people get everything personal. I still look at the net as a fun place...
can we all just get along?

------------------
"Everyone loves me

see, the thing is, Marko...when you're using sarcasm as your humor source and you throw that smiley (or frownie as the case may be) in the post, it looks more like you're angry at someone...which in turn colours their perception of your words. If you get a kick out of misleading people, then that's great. But don't be surprised if they don't take it as a joke. It's about presentation.
smile.gif
Since words and icons are all we have to go on with the internet (as opposed to face to face conversation in real life where we can see and gauge each other's reactions by vocal inflection and facial expression), using those tools as a medium to convey your meaning becomes important.

Of course we can all get along!

See! --->
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
happy
See! --->
icon28.gif
pissed off

Very true Sula, but then again Deathbear and Deathbear's Fly Girl always use the angry smilie but they're not really angry, so I guess its about if you know someone well enough to know they're just joking.

Originally posted by sharky:
Got this from U2NYC. At least we got the boys the Internet Artist of the Year which is really a total fan voted award as opposed to the weird way they award most of the American Music Awards.

*U2 earned one of two possible awards at the American Music Awards
Wednesday night (Jan. 9) when they were named "Internet Artist of the Year."
They were also nominated in the "Best Pop/Rock Group" but lost that to
N*Sync, prompting N*Sync's Justin Timberlake to tell the booing crowd "Oh,
quit booing - U2 are going to win some Grammies."

And what is the big deal?

a) What do i care what he has to say about U2?
b) Would you rather see him say "Quit booing, U2 suck, we deserved to win"?!?
c) Even if he didn't mean what he said and was only being polite, i still think it's a nice gesture and a fair move

------------------

be uncool, yes be awkward

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 01-10-2002).]

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
lol!

but I'd like to see Larry go at him.... just tell Larry Justin took his drums... that'd be a funny scene.

I would pay money to see that...MTV should have deathmatch with the 2 of them

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
see, the thing is, Marko...when you're using sarcasm as your humor source and you throw that smiley (or frownie as the case may be) in the post, it looks more like you're angry at someone...which in turn colours their perception of your words. If you get a kick out of misleading people, then that's great. But don't be surprised if they don't take it as a joke. It's about presentation.
smile.gif
Since words and icons are all we have to go on with the internet (as opposed to face to face conversation in real life where we can see and gauge each other's reactions by vocal inflection and facial expression), using those tools as a medium to convey your meaning becomes important.

Thanx for tips and, even more, the will to take your time for me...
let's say this - I'll keep this smiley b/c I like it, and it means too much to me.
Now anytime you see it you can be sure that I mean no harm and it's all in good will...
I'll try hard to put some nice smiley in :
smile.gif

smile.gif

------------------
"Everyone loves me

Originally posted by U2girl:
And what is the big deal?

It isn't. But at least there's SOMETHING to talk about.

------------------

Thanx for tips and, even more, the will to take your time for me...
let's say this - I'll keep this smiley b/c I like it, and it means too much to me.
Now anytime you see it you can be sure that I mean no harm and it's all in good will...
I'll try hard to put some nice smiley in :
smile.gif

smile.gif

no problem, Marko.
smile.gif
I want to hear what you've got to say, and I don't like pre-judging people's words. So next time I read one of your posts, I'll just not look at the angry-smiley and skip down to the words.
wink.gif

Cheers!
biggrin.gif

I realy don't know why do you think that that guy from n'sync is a loser, and what would you expect him to do?
I think that he managed realy great and funy. I hate their music, but I have to respect his reaction in front of a big crowd. What in the hell did you expect him to do - to walk away saying: "You are right we suck and we deserve to be booed!!"
If bono did something like that you would all be saying "man, bono rocked out there, he doesen't care what they think, he is soooo cool...".
this guy at least has some selfrespect

I agree.. he's gotta say something, he can't just admit he sucks.. that's really bad publicity

Originally posted by PopFly:
Hell, I think this is the most truthful thing I've ever heard Timberlake say.

What is most thruthfull?
biggrin.gif

I can't see the quote so I don't know what you're talking about

------------------
"Everyone loves me

smile.gif

[/B]

You say a lot of silly things.
smile.gif

U2 in Vienna on 12 August, and in Zagreb on 15 August?!? Don't tell me they'll stop in Ljubljana too?
ARGH, i already have something else planned for that week.
frown.gif

LOL, we're not twins. We just happen to feel the same way about this.

I don't see what was so horrible about Justin's statement.

It's true, U2 are highly likely to win some Grammys. (which are more relevant then the AMA's, right?)
He could have said something nasty, or he could have said nothing at all. Instead, he made a nice statement, which shows respect for the other band (U2 in this case). It's possible he likes U2, as he said U2 got robbed at the VMAs.
Last but not least, the way i see it he was probably saying "Look, we happened to win this time, but it will be U2's turn to win some awards when the Grammys come. Everyone is gonna end up happy at the end."

What's wrong with that?

------------------

be uncool, yes be awkward

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 01-11-2002).]

Originally posted by U2girl:
You say a lot of silly things.
smile.gif

U2 in Vienna on 12 August, and in Zagreb on 15 August?!? Don't tell me they'll stop in Ljubljana too?
ARGH, i already have something else planned for that week.
frown.gif

LOL, we're not twins. We just happen to feel the same way about this.

I don't see what was so horrible about Justin's statement.

It's true, U2 are highly likely to win some Grammys. (which are more relevant then the AMA's, right?)
He could have said something nasty, or he could have said nothing at all. Instead, he made a nice statement, which shows respect for the other band (U2 in this case). It's possible he likes U2, as he said U2 got robbed at the VMAs.
Last but not least, the way i see it he was probably saying "Look, we happened to win this time, but it will be U2's turn to win some awards when the Grammys come. Everyone is gonna end up happy at the end."

What's wrong with that?

Sily things? So i stand no chance at all?
You have to change your plans, if this shows to be true!!!

------------------
"Everyone loves me

Why dont you guys hook up?

Seems Marko is the closest one to you at the forum here U2g.

1.) justin's comment was funny. he's a pretty funny guy.

2.) real music critics know nsync's music sucks.

3.) the amas are a joke, why do you think U2 wasn't there?

4.) U2 vs. nsync on mtv celebrity deathmatch. what do you say?
biggrin.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

Sily things? So i stand no chance at all?
You have to change your plans, if this shows to be true!!!

That's not what i'm saying. (interesting how this thread changed from being about Justin's comment)
biggrin.gif

What i meant was thank you very much for the compliment, but IMO you give the pictures - and my appearance - too much credit.

I'm sure there's lots of cute girls in Croatia just waiting to be discovered.

As for plans - well first i'll wait for the official announcement of the dates. In any case, i can't change my plans on that week.
But if the announced dates should be earlier or later than that particular week, i'll see what i can do and i'll definitely try to catch any of those shows...
and i'll be very alert about any news about them coming to Ljubljana.

You're free to email me any time at msvagelj@yahoo.co.uk, we can talk some more about it.

(was that all right, matchmaker Sicy?)
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 01-11-2002).]

well U2 wins the war and nsync wins the battle big deal. u2 will get ?/8 grammies and nsync will get...less im sure. u2 got the best selling tour nsync got first place. u2 writes their own songs and nsync...doesnt.
really who said that nsync is a worthy rival for u2?

------------------
" I can sing just like Bono, i can do that whole lemon falsetto exactly like him" -- me

"...u know how you can make people jealous by saying good stuff about you thats not even true?" - also me

I realy don't know why do you think that that guy from n'sync is a loser, and what would you expect him to do?
I think that he managed realy great and funy. I hate their music, but I have to respect his reaction in front of a big crowd. What in the hell did you expect him to do - to walk away saying: "You are right we suck and we deserve to be booed!!"
If bono did something like that you would all be saying "man, bono rocked out there, he doesen't care what they think, he is soooo cool...".
this guy at least has some selfrespect
get over yourselves, why do you care so much about what n'sync guys are doing. My god you even know their names by heart...

Hahaha.. (Insert Big Smiley Face Grin Here.. Shit Eating Perhaps).. Marko, You just dropped your pants and took a big shit on the keyboards of Interferencers...

Please Tell Me That Tony Siragusa is only a mirage of my mind..

Lemonite Unplugged

Back
Top Bottom