u2s albums are not as good as they use to be!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shaun vox said:
fresh ideas, where are the songs that are bigger than life????
and not to forget where the fuck is rock&roll?

1) fresh ideas
2) 'bigger than life'
3) rock-n-roll

If a song doesn't meat the above criteria, it's crap? Maybe you need to take a course in Musicology, as Prince would say it.

2Hearts said:

1) fresh ideas
2) 'bigger than life'
3) rock-n-roll

If a song doesn't meat the above criteria, it's crap? Maybe you need to take a course in Musicology, as Prince would say it.

thats how i like my music :madspit:

no mediocre bullcrap which atyclb and htdaab are!!!

everyone's entitled to an opinion, and in mine, atyclb just edges htdaab out of my all time top 3 U2 albums, ab 1, & jt 2.

Numb1075 said:
ATYCLB & HTDAAB may not be JT or AB, but they are certainly infinitley better than 99.9 % of the crap that's out their today.
My thoughts exactly.

They may not match the work U2 did at their peak, but they are still good albums.

boystupidboy said:
Beautiful day,walk on,kite,SYCMIOYO,vertigo,COBL,OOTS,yahweh,Miracle drug.Yeah u2 have wrote some shite lately:madspit:
Add to that, Love and peace or else and Elevation too.

As has been said, not Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby quality, but they are anything but bad albums (and Im not ATYCLB's biggest fan to be honest, although I admit to being a fan of HTDAAB).

Besides JT, AB and Pop, HTDAAB is my favourite U2 album.

shaun vox said:

thats how i like my music :madspit:

no mediocre bullcrap which atyclb and htdaab are!!!

Do you like Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad? When Love Comes to Town? The Sweetest Thing? Heartland? Running to Stand Still? (probably not, huh?)

Well, there's not much rock-n-roll in them, and not a whole lot of fresh ideas musically. For U2, the ideas were fresh b/c they hadn't done anything like them before, but they weren't anything new on the musical landscape. I see the same thing with Vertigo, OOTS, In a Little While, Wild Honey, A Man and A Woman. These are songs that sound nothing like U2's previous work, but yet they are accused of having no fresh ideas??

And yet my original point was that music can possess many different qualities than the ones you mentioned. I understand that's just your taste, though. My tastes must just be more wide-ranging.

david said:
Nothing is as good as it used to be.

Get over it.

nothing is as good as it used to be, when the sun used to shine all summer, snow fell in the winter, and you could always leave your front door open all the time

progress isn't always a bad thing, and in my opinion U2 have progressed by and large, for the better, how many artists with a back catalogue like theirs are still producing anything of the quality U2 are, in fact how many new bands are, and please don't say Radiohead, or Coldplay, the formers best days are well and truly consigned to history, and the latter, well I just fail to see anything at all

shaun vox said:
htdaab is just too bland and predictable!!! where is the adventure, where are the fresh ideas, where are the songs that are bigger than life????

and not to forget where the fuck is rock&roll?

..You're complaining about the new music being bland and not having fresh ideas, and yet you constantly rant and rave about the aural abortion of Guns N' Roses and Stone Temple Pilots that is Velvet Revolver?!? :huh:

And for reference, HTDAAB shits all over War. :wink:

As for ATYCLB...well...it had a few moments of brilliance. Probably 3 or 4 really good tracks. Beautiful Day, Walk On, and The Ground Beneath Her Feet (if that's counted) are really good. And Stuck In a Moment's good acoustic. Hell, even Elevation's a fun rocker. Say what you want about the rest, but these tracks (and most would say Kite, though I'm not too fond of the song) are noteworthy.

XHendrix24 said:

..You're complaining about the new music being bland and not having fresh ideas, and yet you constantly rant and rave about the aural abortion of Guns N' Roses and Stone Temple Pilots that is Velvet Revolver?!? :huh:

What I get out of it is that Shaun Vox doesn't care for new ideas or innovative music. He just wants balls out rock n roll in the likes of: :rockon:

That's the truth plain and simple. :wink:

Gimme a break. They're 45 year old men trying to keep it's fanbase happy and get new fans at the same time. Obviously their peak was durring Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum, and Achtung Baby, but how on earth are ANY band suposed to come out with material that good, not considering age? And if you think HTDAAB was worse than Zooropa... :eyebrow: I won't start a war hear for those of you who do, but there is no way "Numb" should be compared to ANY of HTDAAB's tracks. Why can't you guys give U2 a break? We all liked them better during different time periods, and that's great, but some do like their new stuff better than their old stuff.

I personally think Boy was better than October, War and UF, but that's just because I play guitar, and Boy was guitar-heavy. If I didn't play guitar, I'd probably like War the most, and would say after UF was released "What is this crap?"

Not most 45 year old dudes can come out w/ an album as powerful as HTDAAB and have it sell 9 million coppies (I'm just guessing, I think that's what it was last time I checked)

"45 year old men trying to keep it's fanbase happy and get new fans at the same time"

that's called a retirement

slash and co still play pretty well ,
sometimes a bit too loud and disorganised , but
they wrote something called "Slither"
ATYCLB/HTDAAB u2 will never top that
they have no guts , balls were cut off for some reason
no bravery , but freaking rich, rap-alike attitude
oh look m we can fill the stadiums
oh look , we can sell records
oh look , we on mtv

Then maybe they're still trying to rock because they feel they have something to prove or because they're still having fun. There is no way you can tell me Vertigo and Love and Peace or Else have no balls...

WinnieThePoo said:
"45 year old men trying to keep it's fanbase happy and get new fans at the same time"

that's called a retirement

slash and co still play pretty well ,
sometimes a bit too loud and disorganised , but
they wrote something called "Slither"
ATYCLB/HTDAAB u2 will never top that
they have no guts , balls were cut off for some reason
no bravery , but freaking rich, rap-alike attitude
oh look m we can fill the stadiums
oh look , we can sell records
oh look , we on mtv

Lay off the bong.

love and peace or else is a tribute to glam rock , and pathetic one
after Bullet , the fly or dirty day

vertigo was not so bad , until they changed the lyrics from interesting to banal , and made sure that it will fit standard pop radio format of 3 mins

MrBrau1 said:

Lay off the bong.

:up:

I can understand you comparing Love and Peace or Else to Bullet the Blue Sky (the live one anyway) and The Fly. I agree that The Fly is much better than Love and Peace or Else but...

I can't see any way that Drity Day is better than it, lyric, music, energy, Love and Peace kicks the shit outta it.

Zootlesque said:
Dude.. have you listened to Dirty Day (live) from ZooTV Sydney??? Kicks so much ass... :drool:

no, i'll give it a try if it's better than the album version, thanks. :wink:

You know what i really hate?

Opinions:madspit:

shit, i just had an opinion, excuse me while i kick myself to death:wink:

I always get the strangest feeling i kill threads hmmm :huh:

LJT said:
I always get the strangest feeling i kill threads hmmm :huh:

Keep up the good work. You've just killed a "New U2 Sucks" thread in disguise. There are hundreds like it for you to exterminate.

Back
Top Bottom