u2place.com reports the whole band is in Eze - new songs heard?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Posted yesterday (sorry, can't copy the text for some reason), the original news is in Italian but here's what it says:

"In the last newsbit, we told you about the meeting between Bono and The Edge, accompanied by Sean Penn, in the house by the sea in Eze, France.
Some of our friends were in Eze this weekend and they confirmed the presence of all four guys: Bono, The Edge, Adam and Larry.
It was possible to listen to the new songs (that the band was working on these days) in production on the beach below the house...new album coming?"

:hyper:

Last edited:
beach clips... :drool:

Does this mean I need to start firing up the ol' freetranslation.com site and become obsessive about checking sites written in languages I can't read? :hyper:

Beach clips were released about this time 2 years ago. :shifty:

What did we get?

LOPE
ABOY
Miracle Drug

Good times.

martha said:
I hope Sean Penn is just watching and not contributing. (Except for a beer run.)

Or maybe Penn could do a little behind the scenes documentary on the making of the new album...?? :hmm:

yeah. while i believe the band is recording, i'm still very skeptical about any releases this year. i am glad that they're getting back to recording so early though. maybe 2007 is a possibility!

well, assuming that there was new material heard. . . we could be in for a surprise. the beach clips last time around were leaked only a few months before the release of HTDAAB :hmm:

Irvine511 said:
iTunes-only 6 song digital EP, this November.

:up:

new album proper in 2008.

Good idea. An exclusive U2 EP on Itunes would do wonders for the digital download medium.

I still think U2 will release something this fall. I can't see them touring with a 2 year old album. Thats a long time.

I REALLY hope this is all true! But in this day and age of MP3 players mobile phones ect,you would have thought someone would have recorded something!?:huh:

But anyway!!!:drool:

Exclusive 'must-have' CD with some new material only for u2.com members mayby? Now THAT would be something worth the next subscription...

Zooropean103 said:
Exclusive 'must-have' CD with some new material only for u2.com members mayby? Now THAT would be something worth the next subscription...

If U2 did that, I would cease to be a U2 fan. I can't stand it when bands do that. I wouldn't mind seeing a mini-EP released on iTunes (despite the lack of packaging) but being expected to faff around with signing up to U2's useless excuse for a "fan club" wouldn't sit well with me at all.

GibsonGirl said:

If U2 did that, I would cease to be a U2 fan.

:hmm:

I thought this event had already taken place. :bonodrum:

And I guess I'll join the :hyper:, although I'm not really feeling it. :(

EDIT: I guess this is kind of related. My friend told me the other day that she read/heard/saw (awful memory, folks) that Bono was going to be leaving the charity scene for a while to focus on writing new material with the other guys.

GibsonGirl said:

If U2 did that, I would cease to be a U2 fan. I can't stand it when bands do that. I wouldn't mind seeing a mini-EP released on iTunes (despite the lack of packaging) but being expected to faff around with signing up to U2's useless excuse for a "fan club" wouldn't sit well with me at all.

"Communication"

Back
Top Bottom