U23D to be released on Blu-Ray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
A friend of mine told me that he heard from a source at universal that the U23D movie will be released on Blu-Ray with the 3D glasses sometime in the future. Not sure about standard dvd but this sounds cool to me. I have been buying blu-ray discs and look forward to this if it happens. U23D is meant to be on blu-ray so it kind of makes sense.

:corn: It wouldn't be as good as the theatre experience or even come near it, but it could be a solid replacement.

The setlist was perfect for the big screen.

I don't see why they should release it on DVD. It would lose most of its magic.

I don't see how it would lose it's magic. The 'magic' was there when you saw it on the big screen. Not everybody had an imax theater available, so it's perfect for people that at least wanted to see the film or hear the audio. is it the same? no, but it's a nice consolation.

Maybe because some of us (ME, for instance) were never able to see the film because taking a road trip to see a movie wasn't particularly feasible?

Exactly! It's not MY fault that there's not a single IMAX theatre on this damn island. I wasn't exactly going to sit on a ferry for several hours just to see Adam's bass neck in 3D...but I would still like to see the movie.

Exactly! It's not MY fault that there's not a single IMAX theatre on this damn island. I wasn't exactly going to sit on a ferry for several hours just to see Adam's bass neck in 3D...but I would still like to see the movie.

I had to fly to Berlin to watch it in an IMAX because there is none in my city.

:lol:

Anyway, I understand your argument, because seeing it on DVD is better than not seeing it at all. Still, it's hard to imagine NOT seeing the film on 3D on the large screen, because it would be "just" an ordinary concert. The effects are, IMO, made for a big screen.

The setlist was perfect for the big screen.

I don't see why they should release it on DVD. It would lose most of its magic.

I understand that this film was made for casual or non-fans, and that they couldn't subject people to 3-D for the length of a full concert.

But considering most people buying the DVD will be more into the band, you think they would sweeten the pot. Not to mention that a 70 minute DVD might seem a bit on the skimpy side.

Of course it would depend on how many filmed songs were actually processed with the technology, and animated visuals, but my guess is that they originally had a longer running time and decided to trim the "fat" at some point in the editing process.

damned if they do, damned if they don't.

if they don't release it, they don't care about the fans that didn't get a chance to see it.

if they do release it, it's a money grab.

how can they win?

I don't care one way or the other. I can't seem to watch dvds. But I do think they want to make money from any release. That's not always a bad thing.

I don't care one way or the other. I can't seem to watch dvds. But I do think they want to make money from any release. That's not always a bad thing.

Well yeah, I don't think anybody would release anything with an intent of breaking even or losing money. at this stage of their careers, i doubt things like this are solely motivated by money. i think this is meant as a treat for the fans that couldn't see it, if it is true.

paul mcG saying it only makes sense to release albums in Q4 is sort of lame, but i'm not going to lose any sleep over it. it does make fiscal sense to do it that way, but i would like a summer release. i guess it makes planning a tour easier too. anyway that's neither here nor there.

sometimes i just get sick of the 'u2 are sell outs entirely' mantra that is carried around here, sorry for including your statement with that, honest mistake! :wink:

You might need a 3D TV.

thats what I thought.. In fact I remember a interview with Catherine Owens stating that those tvs are what would be needed to view it. And there is maybe only one brand out there that either is about to put it out on the market or just recently has.

Nothing could be worse than the cat imitations. NOTHING.

Oh, you'd be surprised.

The bird flapping is worse. Trust me.

It's the textbook definition of...

epicfailhj1_3695.jpg

Back
Top Bottom