U23d in NASCAR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Still_Running44

The Fly
U2 on the hood of the #19 at Calif: The #19 Best Buy Dodge of Elliott Sadler will feature the "U2 3D" concert movie on its hood, sides and decklid at California Speedway this weekend. Filmed in South American during their Vertigo Tour in front of 90,000 fans, "U2 3D" continues the band's use of modern technology. With this endeavor, they once again raised the bar in creating the first digital, multi-camera real time production of its kind. The film opens February 22nd in IMAX Theaters.(GEM PR)(2-20-2008)

Taken from jayski.com. No picture is avaliable yet but I will try and post one when it is avaliable.
I think this article got it a little wrong seeing that it is already been released in most American Imax theaters I think it is being released in other theaters that can accommodate it and worldwide the 22nd. Can't wait to see a picture. The race is this Sunday in California on FOX at 4:00 pm eastern time if you would like to see the car on tv.

Last edited:
Let's not forget that Nascar is only for U2 fans - otherwise, why would they spend such big $ advertising on a car?

Oh, sorry, the obvious answer is "this was not about making profit but giving U2 fans a treat in a limited release" :rolleyes:

gabrielvox said:
Let's not forget that Nascar is only for U2 fans - otherwise, why would they spend such big $ advertising on a car?

Oh, sorry, the obvious answer is "this was not about making profit but giving U2 fans a treat in a limited release" :rolleyes:

And on your left we have a person beating a dead horse.

BOOOOOO-frickity hoo, Gabe.
cookiemonsterib6.gif

Bono would fail at Nascar so badly. He'd probably crash before he even got his car across the line to actually start the race :lol:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Bono would fail at Nascar so badly. He'd probably crash before he even got his car across the line to actually start the race :lol:

Now THAT I would watch

I don't get NASCAR, not at all. But plenty of people love it and it has excellent marketing possibilities.

I love the one interview video where Bono drives on the wrong side of the road in Dublin.

MrsSpringsteen said:

Now THAT I would watch

I don't get NASCAR, not at all. But plenty of people love it and it has excellent marketing possibilities.

No doubt about it, marketing something during a NASCAR event is huge, one of the bigger ways of advertising in the sports world, if I'm not mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom