U218 Itunes Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
U218 is currently rated 2.5 stars on Itunes.

That is the lowest rating I have ever seen for any album by any artist on Itunes. Heck, even Pop has 4 stars. The terrible 90's best of has 4 stars. Even a U2 "Exclusive release," where there is a mistake and they are charging you 3 bucks for just 1 song instead of 3, has 4 stars.

It's pretty monumental for an album to have a 2.5 star rating on there. So as U2's next album will be the third of another trilogy, are they about to encounter the type of backlash they received at the end of their last 2 trilogies? (R&H and Pop)

I actually kind of hope so, as the backlash is what usually drives to U2 to change and improve.

U2Man said:
hows bon 7ovi doing?

Well Bon Jovi's "Chronicles" released this year, which is pretty much his U218 (though his does have 32 songs, I guess he's written more hits) has 3.5 stars

Yeah, Bono and Steve Jobs will be reading in bed later this week, Bono smoking a big cigar, and Steve will bring up the iTunes rating so far.

Uncomfortable moment :uhoh:

The reason it has low ratings is because people are pissed that Saints and Window are album only and they can't just buy the songs. It is not a musical backlash, but a marketing backlash.

Chizip said:

Well Bon Jovi's "Chronicles" released this year, which is pretty much his U218 (though his does have 32 songs, I guess he's written more hits) has 3.5 stars

i dont know if this means that the weak rating of u218 should be considered good or bad news...

bsp77 said:
The reason it has low ratings is because people are pissed that Saints and Window are album only and they can't just buy the songs. It is not a musical backlash, but a marketing backlash.

Yeah I think it is just all the pissed off people went and rated it low. But good, I hope U2 does notice and like mentioned earlier they perhaps try doing something other than greatest hits and the same old crap.

Chizip said:
It's pretty monumental for an album to have a 2.5 star rating on there. So as U2's next album will be the third of another trilogy, are they about to encounter the type of backlash they received at the end of their last 2 trilogies? (R&H and Pop)

From a swedish perspective, I think there's a backlash coming. The papers here were almost all positive when ATYCLB came, while HTDAAB got a more mixed reception. But the last months there has only been negative comments in the paper I read. The office U2 set up in the Netherlands for the royalties was criticised, one editorial called Bono a hypocrite for that. The court thing with their stylist got some attention, and the mentions of U2:18 singles have been rather negative.

The swedish tabloids are on the other hand still mostly supportive, so it's not all black:wink:

And the impression I get from reading american articles on the internet is still mainly positive, so maybe it's just a local swedish phenomena.

Back
Top Bottom