U2 ZooTV and PopMart finally on DVD (Yeah...We Wish!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gee, whizz... I'm finding I'm having to post this same information (which follows) in multiple threads. I'd just (re)posted it about 5 minutes ago, and now I see yet another thread on the same subject (a plea for more U2 DVD releases). Okay... well, here's an exact copy of my previous post:

A couple of weeks ago, Universal Music New Zealand's "DVD Product Manager", Chris King, sent me some information regarding U2's commercial video releases. Chris said that there is currently a "wishlist of (U2) titles that were previously released on VHS and need to be released on DVD." Those titles include the Red Rocks video, as well as 'Zoo TV: Live from Sydney', 'Popmart: Live from Mexico', and 'The Best of 1980-1990'.

Three of those titles, according to Chris, are likely to be released on DVD before the end of this year - with Red Rocks being one of them. This will, apparently, include the "entire show in original running order, plus interviews."

Mike Vaney
U2 New Zooland

Ballymun said:
Gee, whizz... I'm finding I'm having to post this same information (which follows) in multiple threads. I'd just (re)posted it about 5 minutes ago, and now I see yet another thread on the same subject (a plea for more U2 DVD releases). Okay... well, here's an exact copy of my previous post:

A couple of weeks ago, Universal Music New Zealand's "DVD Product Manager", Chris King, sent me some information regarding U2's commercial video releases. Chris said that there is currently a "wishlist of (U2) titles that were previously released on VHS and need to be released on DVD." Those titles include the Red Rocks video, as well as 'Zoo TV: Live from Sydney', 'Popmart: Live from Mexico', and 'The Best of 1980-1990'.

Three of those titles, according to Chris, are likely to be released on DVD before the end of this year - with Red Rocks being one of them. This will, apparently, include the "entire show in original running order, plus interviews."

Mike Vaney
U2 New Zooland

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

The whole concert!! :drool: :drool:

Remember, there were small snippets from ZooTV and Popmart on the Elevation DVD. It wouldn't make sense for them to transfer just those small parts to DVD without the rest of the show, so hopefully they're just waiting for the right time to promote the material.

GAH I hope these come out on DVD!! I'm really starting to hate watching VHS tapes. I'm keeping the VCR around now mostly for the Freaks and Geeks tapes (TV series almost no one watched :wink: ) and some U2 stuff. And the Freaks and Geeks episodes are finally available on DVD. :|

neutral said:
GAH I hope these come out on DVD!! I'm really starting to hate watching VHS tapes. I'm keeping the VCR around now mostly for the Freaks and Geeks tapes (TV series almost no one watched :wink: ) and some U2 stuff. And the Freaks and Geeks episodes are finally available on DVD. :|

I kinda hate VHS now too. The main reason I'd like these to come out on DVD is for the sound. Hi-Fi stereo versus 5.1 Dolby - No comparison. I wanna crank it up. Also, I don't see what an upcoming tour or new album has to do with the release of these older tours. Just put them out there already. Doesn't matter to me what time of year, day, month, time. Just do it. There's certainly money to be made there. I, for one, will scoff them up as soon as they come out.

Back
Top Bottom