U2 - Zooropa Future Reissue Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hi my friends.

This thread is for disscussing what stuff would you like to see included on the future Zooropa Reissue

(let's assume that the album will get the same treatment as Joshua Tree, that's the album + CD of B-sides, rarities, etc + DVD with a concert plus documentary and videos) :yes:

u2-zooropa.jpg

Disk 1 : Zooropa - Remastered

Disk 2 : Any unreleased studio stuff from Zooropa recording sessions, could be some real rarities here, we all know that the Achtung sessions were leaked but there could be just as many unfinished songs for this album to maybe???

Songs could include

HMTMKMKM
The Wanderer (Bono Vocals)
Slow Dancing
Live versions of Zooropa tracks.

DVD : Wembley Stadium 11th Aug 1993, Fantastic gig and includes Zooropa, Babyface, First Time, Ultra Violet. Sarajevo Sattelite link up, and Salman Rushdie onstage with U2.

DISC 1: Original Album Remastered

DISC 2:

1- Zooropa (Promo edit)
2- Numb (Single edit)
3- Lemon (Single version)
4- I've Got You Under My Skin
5- Slow Dancing
6- Lemon (Remix)
7- Numb (Remix)
8- previously unreleased track
9- previously unreleased track
10-previously unreleased track
11-previously unreleased track
12-previously unreleased track
13-previously unreleased track
14-previously unreleased track

DVD:

Live from Wembley 1993
Numb (Video remix)
Lemon (Video remix)

-Under My Skin
-Mission Impossible
-Yard Club Mix of Lemon(this was a Dance chart #1 hit)
-Name of Father
-Billy Boola(it's crap, but it's fun)
-Original rehearsal soundcheck where Adam "discoved" the bass riff to Dirty Day that was once talked about in an interview
-Wake up Dead Man Demo(achtung sessions?)
-Velvet Dress Demo
-Other demo songs secretly written on the front cover in purple
-Stay soundtrack mix(?)
-Bono duets from this time period(?)
-Audio excerpts from Adams post-sydney intervention

-Numb video outtakes(these must exist)

the versions of "If God will send his angels" and "Wake up dead man" that almost made it onto the album. I'm sure they're much different.

What makes you think London 1993 was recorded? Just because they had big screens doesn't mean they kept the tape.

tommycharles said:
What makes you think London 1993 was recorded? Just because they had big screens doesn't mean they kept the tape.

They have everything dating back to tearly 80's. Also, There's a clip of the Sarejevo/ZOOTV satalite hookup on one of the u2 DVDs(90-00 extras?)

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:

They have everything dating back to tearly 80's. Also, There's a clip of the Sarejevo/ZOOTV satalite hookup on one of the u2 DVDs(90-00 extras?)

u2fp

Again, I'm quite curious to know how you know this. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I'm just wondering why that's taken as fact.

And a Sarejevo clip doesn't prove anything, that could have been taken from a news camera or something.

It's a known fact that they keep copies of all their shows. Their soundmain since the 70's says he has virtually every show & soundcheck in the archive.

It's also known that each band member(+Paul?) gets a video copy of the previous nights show for review - do you think they just dispose of those 4-5 copies? The last several tours have had audience mics seen near the stage/soundboard.

It's not known if the soundboard audio is multitracked or not or if they keep raw footage from every camera angle. Also unknown is if they film soundchecks for keeps.

u2fp

Hrm. Finding another show to release as a DVD seems weird considering they already have released a DVD from that era, the Sydney show.

Maybe they could do something totally different with this remaster..

david said:
Hrm. Finding another show to release as a DVD seems weird considering they already have released a DVD from that era, the Sydney show.

Chicago/Milan/U23D

I don't think it's unreasonable for there to be a indoor broadcast, outdoor broadcast, Zooropa and Sydney Zoomerang shows all ot be released on DVD.

u2fp

tommycharles said:

All U2 Shows dating back to the Joshua Tree tour have been filmed.

Also as footage from this gig has been seen, it was definitley filmed,Sarajevo Sattelite link up footage has been shown where it segues into Bad, and Salman Rushdie on stage has been broadcast to,
It was definitley from in house camera's not news camera's,the only question would be how many different pro camera's were used in the filming of this gig.

Would make for a great release, considering the set list that night.

Back
Top Bottom