U2 Writing Music for Spider-Man Musical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenacious_b

The Fly
A person with insider information just told me that U2 is writing songs for a Spider-Man musical. I don't know if this has been reported before. My source is pretty credible, but you can take it for what it's worth.

As reported at U2 log last July:

"Are U2 set to conquer Broadway? Variety reports that Bono and Edge are in discussion with Marvel Comics and producer Tony Adams to create the music for Spider-Man, the musical! Variety’s sources say that if all goes as planned, fellow Irishman Neil Jordan will write the script and Julie Taymor (“The Lion King”) will direct."

Old "news". Julie Taymor is definitely involved in this, and that's a good thing. She's wonderful. In a recent interview she talked about this project, whcih will be at least two years in the making. I remember seeing a picture of her and Ali Hewson here a while back. I wonder if someone can post it.

biff said:
As reported at U2 log last July:

"Are U2 set to conquer Broadway? Variety reports that Bono and Edge are in discussion with Marvel Comics and producer Tony Adams to create the music for Spider-Man, the musical! Variety’s sources say that if all goes as planned, fellow Irishman Neil Jordan will write the script and Julie Taymor (“The Lion King”) will direct."

Old "news". Julie Taymor is definitely involved in this, and that's a good thing. She's wonderful. In a recent interview she talked about this project, whcih will be at least two years in the making. I remember seeing a picture of her and Ali Hewson here a while back. I wonder if someone can post it.

Well, I guess that it's happening. I'm pretty sure the guy said the show would be starting in March of this year.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Spider-Man the musical?

That's like the worse idea I've ever heard.

well i think id rather see that than trump's musical of the apprentice...

tenacious_b said:

Well, I guess that it's happening. I'm pretty sure the guy said the show would be starting in March of this year.

That's impossible. Try March two years from now.

I remember when they "wrote" some songs for Tomb Raider II. The song of which I remember as a part of that was "Again" (I think this became Mercy later...:eyebrow: )

Could happen dont see it anytime in the near future I think they dont have too much time right now.

Back
Top Bottom