U2 working with pop songwriter for new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rennowba

Rock n' Roll Doggie
http://www.metro.co.uk/music/895141...th-one-direction-songwriters-for-new-material

This was also reported in the uk newspaper called the sun saying that u2 are going to turn into a boyband.

If true Working with a guy who has wrote songs for Nicki Minaj Taio Cruz, Nicole Scherzinger ,Westlife and boyzone dosent really bode well does it?

I wouldnt knock it until ive heard the tunes (like i said if its true) but i really think they need to stop all this relevent bo##ocks. Theve had a superb run in the charts more then most so please just let it go.

:yuck:

it's got to be a late April fool's joke or something :pray:

Well, they've already worked with will.i.am, who is a very "pop" producer. And even Steve Lillywhite wanted to be a judge on American Idol. There's a lot of crossover between the serious, credible rock world and the disposable "pop" world.

morgan1098 said:
Well, they've already worked with will.i.am, who is a very "pop" producer. And even Steve Lillywhite wanted to be a judge on American Idol. There's a lot of crossover between the serious, credible rock world and the disposable "pop" world.

Yes your right but one Direction is a whole different ball game :)

hey i double dare you to post this in the new album thread! :wink:

Ohh Christ. U2 are seriously plumbing the depths working with trash like this. It's embarrassing.

I'd no idea U2 fans were so blatantly rockist. How is this any different than recording with Mighty Mouse? pop vs rock? Is that it? really?

This guy's no worse than William or whatever his name is, and NLOTH isn't a Black Eyed Peas record. In fact, I'll give the guy kudos for his work on Breathe, it's a top 10 track.

Too bad Bono's too old and too married to date Taylor Swift. Then he could break up with her in a two minute phone call and she could write a revenge song about him.

I'd no idea U2 fans were so blatantly rockist. How is this any different than recording with Mighty Mouse? pop vs rock? Is that it? really?

This guy's no worse than William or whatever his name is, and NLOTH isn't a Black Eyed Peas record. In fact, I'll give the guy kudos for his work on Breathe, it's a top 10 track.

There are several substantial differences.

Danger Mouse has worked on a handful of great, diverse albums, one of them being among the biggest pop records of the last 15 years.
They're working DM as a producer, not songwriter.
Carl Falk is a pop songwriter who wrote Hit Me Baby One More Time.
Hiring a producer is normal for a band of songwriters.
Hiring a shlock pop songwriter is a completely different thing.
It's an act of commercial desperation, and it has nothing to do with making good music.
Imagine if someone had told Bono in 1992, or 1987, or 1983 they'd work with plastic pop songwriters...he'd probably have hit them.

I hope this is true. It's unlikely that their next record would be above average anyway, and if any band is due for a trainwreck horror show of an album it's U2. It's surprising that they've never made an all time classic piece of shit yet. Maybe this will be the one!

I DONT WANNA MISS A THING.

Breathe is definitely a top 10 track... on NLOTH. They need to hang around a new crowd, one that will tell them that working with William and his ilk is just unacceptable. Jane's Addiction aren't the most respectable group these days, but at least they worked with Dave Sitek.

Can't wait to hear this rubbish and laugh my head off at how shit U2 have become. One Direction is shit and any collaboration with anyone that has anything to do with creating shit like that will be a in a word shit!

It's hard to read this potential news and spin it positive. So much opportunity to make a piece of artistic music again - and to work with a person with a background such as his is really sad.

Sure, maybe its only one track, or some back tracking, etc., but regardless it reeks.

William Orbit may work with the likes of Madonna, but he has some cred. in the ambient music world. This is just BS, let's call it what it is.

Shame on them.

I can't imagine them bringing in a pop songwriter. It would be bizarre at this point in their career to start performing songs written by someone else.

I would hope they are just using him more a consultant to get a better feeling of the current pop music scene...

Oh, hell, what am I saying. I hate this idea any way you spin it.

I don't really see how this guy "waiting for feedback from Bono" equals he's producing the next U2 album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom