U2 Winter Mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PG Canada

The Fly
I hope this is in the right forum...

Lately, I've been getting bored with the usual playlists on my iPod...so I am looking to make some new mixes. This, combined with the fact that it's getting cold as hell up here led me to think of winter U2 songs.

I'm not sure about you guys but sometimes I hear a song and it just really fits with a certain season.

Here is my list so far (haven't decided on a running order yet), and I'd like to have some more ideas provided.

A Sort of Homecoming
Tomorrow
Your Blue Room
Original of the Species
The First Time
New Year's Day
October
One Step Closer
The Ocean
Drowning Man

That's 10, but I'd like to see if I can get around 20! Perhaps someone else has thought of this type of thing in the past.

I think a lot of POP would fit under that category, such as

If God Will Send His Angels
Staring At The Sun
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Please

2861U2 said:
I think a lot of POP would fit under that category, such as

If God Will Send His Angels
Staring At The Sun
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Please

I love POP, but I think it's probably the least appropriate album for this...Although it is a serious album lyrically, I think the album has a very summery feel.

Not to mention the lyrics in Staring at the Sun!

The problem with Please is that both studio versions can't approach the live version. The single is overpolished, IMO, while the album version is underdone.

Live, that song is one of U2's best ever.

Ooh, very nice list! I love making themed playlists, even though it's a bit dorky. Here are a three I would add to your list:

Love Comes Tumbling (no references to winter, but it just has that cold sort of feeling to it)
Deep In The Heart
The Unforgettable Fire (ice, your only rivers run cold!)

I was thinking about making a thread making the connection between U2 albums and the weather/seasons. I've always considered War, Unforgettable Fire, and Zooropa to be their Winter albums. Nothing beats Zooropa (the song) on a really cold walk around the neighborhood.

vaz02 said:
Yeah , pop is a very summer album i feel.

:yes:

1. "Summer's stretching on the grass/summer dresses pass"

"It's been a long, hot summer/let's get undercover"

2. Miami

3. Dance music/sex isn't something winter is known best for, is it? :wink:

LemonMelon said:

3. Dance music/sex isn't something winter is known best for, is it? :wink:

what??? i'd say it is a year-round type thing. just because the temperature falls outside doesn't mean mine stops rising :wink:

perhaps you can add neon lights? might be interesting to listen to while driving through town and getting distracted by the decorations :)

redhotswami said:
perhaps you can add neon lights? might be interesting to listen to while driving through town and getting distracted by the decorations

ooooh good idea. I love to do that!

Back
Top Bottom