U2 wins Q award!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achtung y'all

The Fly
Over on Radio 1, they are broadcasting live from the Q Awards in London. U2 just won the Icon Award. Presenter Edith Bowman just chatted to Bono who was saying how Vertigo seems to have exploded in the UK, US, Japan etc and people are loving the song. He then went on to say the reason U2 haven't become stagnant is that he has this life, with no money problems, and so the reaction to that is to not be crap. Two bad records and you're out. No new titbits about the new record though!

Oh, and Bono describing Vertigo:

"You have the Edge playing some great guitar and I'm just in the background, trying to hang on"! :lol:

That's great, congrats to the boys!

..and ta for the speedy newsflash Achtung y'all :up:

Cheers ~Ultra

wicked!
thats very cool
shot to the guys and to you achtung y'all - very speedy!

But Bono was just speaking at the radio through a phone call or he was in London at the Q awards? :eyebrow:

Bono was at the awards in person. By all accounts, the whole band were there. The presenter said "I'm in a room with U2!" but as usual, it was Bono taking up PR duties!

Hey guys -

I'd love to post this in News, so if any of you can give me more information, links, etc - that would be a big help! Thank you!! :wave:

Mermaid met Adam and Edge at Q awards and she saw Bman not sure yet if she met him or not though!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO U2 - :bow:

Great to know that you won the "Icon" award at the Q ceremony.

But, honestly, who else should have won this award?

:wink:

GREAT TO SEE THE FOUR OF YOU OUT TOGETHER AGAIN and ENJOYING EACH OTHERS' COMPANY! :hug:

:larry: :adam: :edge: :bono: :love:

Thank you, Alan - :applaud:

And if you come across any other audio/video about the Q awards that you can post here, please do!

You will have many appreciative admirers. :wink:

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY! DON'T LET IT GET AWAY! :hug: :larry: :edge: :bono: :love:

Back
Top Bottom