U2 will have the last laugh...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread iz gonna get
locketw2.gif
'd pretty soon.

CrownVCJ said:

Your analogy is invalid, as U2 has chosen to become one with the muck of pedantic seaweed. This is their great downfall, self-inflicted and disappointing to a degree that can barely be contained in one thoughtsphere.

they have chosen that route
whether or not
its seaweed
i do not know.

it is change nonetheless.

Natural science (physics) contains in itself synthetical judgments a priori, as principles. … Space then is a necessary representation a priori, which serves for the foundation of all external intuitions. (Immanuel Kant, 1781)

Who is that? Nietzsche? So you stopped talking because of Friedrich Nietzsche? Far out.

Frank-Dwayne.jpg

Mountain Dew Ma said:

Natural science (physics) contains in itself synthetical judgments a priori, as principles. … Space then is a necessary representation a priori, which serves for the foundation of all external intuitions. (Immanuel Kant, 1781)

yes but...physics states that matter cannot be created nor destroyed, only altered...so does time really exist? Was the old U2 destroyed, or simply altered? they are made of matter, are they not?

AtomicBono said:

yes but...physics states that matter cannot be created nor destroyed, only altered...so does time really exist? Was the old U2 destroyed, or simply altered? they are made of matter, are they not?

OMG!!1

Rabbits.gif

Mountain Dew Ma said:

they have chosen that route
whether or not
its seaweed
i do not know.

it is change nonetheless.

There is change, and then there is elevation. "When we are free, we are truly liberated" is an axiom by which I not only live, but exist. I expect the same from my music/art/thought/perceptual input. This is prerequisite for spiritual/existential expanson. U2 is starying from these goals/truths.

AtomicBono said:

thank you for being serious and analyzing my quote.

i do not throw out these things for naught.

U2 were simply altered

by their choice

to keep themselves and their sound

relevent.

if we received zooropa 97
zooropa 00
zooropa 04

they would be
irrelevant

by all definitions.

to try to steer back on topic

one post that i thought interesting

which nobody else replied to

but i touched on

was

star wars iv v vi
star wars i ii iii

u2 80/90
u2/00

i disagree

that u2 now are the prequel.

as i said,
they have not released a phantom menace.

The object of knowledge is what exists and its function to know about reality. (Plato, 380BC)

CrownVCJ said:

There is change, and then there is elevation. "When we are free, we are truly liberated" is an axiom by which I not only live, but exist. I expect the same from my music/art/thought/perceptual input. This is prerequisite for spiritual/existential expanson. U2 is starying from these goals/truths.

§ 5. Sariputta: "There are these three forms of stressfulness, my friend: the stressfulness of pain, the stressfulness of fabrication, the stressfulness of change. These are the three forms of stressfulness."
(1 of 4 truths of noble)

that is a truth.

u2 talks of stressfullness in atomic bomb.

stress of fear/temptation (vertigo)
stress of death (sometimes)
stress of lust (a man and a woman)
stress of losing yourself (fast cars)
stress of children growing up (original)

this meets above criteria
for truth
and spiritual expansion.

CrownVCJ said:

There is change, and then there is elevation. "When we are free, we are truly liberated"

HAY U2 ROTE A SONG CALLED ELEVATION!!!1111 :happy: :happy: :happy:

"When we smell like shit, we truly smell bad"

CrownVCJ said:

You have answered your question in your own universe.

I'll consult Mulder and Scully and get back to you on that one, Crown and Diet.

i would like

to discuss

u2 and change

ok.

bono as a bird

does not do this.

since that never happened.

"Whatever feeling — past, future, or present; internal or external; blatant or subtle; common or sublime; far or near — is clingable, offers sustenance, and is accompanied with mental fermentation: that is called feeling as a clinging-aggregate."

thanks.

have you no rebuttal

to the truth?

at least

i have opened somebodys eyes.

"And why do you call it 'feeling'? Because it feels, thus it is called 'feeling.' What does it feel? It feels pleasure, it feels pain, it feels neither-pleasure-nor-pain. Because it feels, it is called feeling."

AtomicBono said:

so much angst and torment in this photograph...if only U2 could take the darkness of such an image and infuse it into their musical soundscapes

As interstellar, interdimensional thoughtbengs, they have the potential for more (less).

Mountain Dew Ma said:
have you no rebuttal

to the truth?

at least

i have opened somebodys eyes.

"And why do you call it 'feeling'? Because it feels, thus it is called 'feeling.' What does it feel? It feels pleasure, it feels pain, it feels neither-pleasure-nor-pain. Because it feels, it is called feeling."

Your natural writings were indeed poignant and visionary. I applaud your effort to transcend your own boundaries of thought/sight, and I can only hope that others will try to do the same from their own thoughtspace.

AtomicBono said:

so much angst and torment in this photograph...if only U2 could take the darkness of such an image and infuse it into their musical soundscapes

they did

Achtung Baby :drool:

Mountain Dew Ma said:
i would like

to discuss

u2 and change

ok.

bono as a bird

does not do this.

but do birds not change? formed in an egg, they are born helpless, and grow into a creature capable of surviving on its own...much like U2.

U2's musical evolution is much like the path of a bird in the sky. This is why skies are a common metaphor in U2's music. Bono even says in Walk On "like a singing bird in an open cage" ... the spirit of the bird is in Bono, and that spirit is freedom. if U2 can truly free themselves like birds then their music will have no bounds and reach a level of existence too high for the masses to identify with, yet like a cloud it will be seen overhead and soon it will cover the entire sky and everyone will know the eternal truths, and U2's purpose in life will be achieved

CrownVCJ said:

Your natural writings were indeed poignant and visionary. I applaud your effort to transcend your own boundaries of thought/sight, and I can only hope that others will try to do the same from their own thoughtspace.

i will admit

to give credit where its due

i had to search within my soul

to transcend said boundaries.

thanks to you.

hopefully,
we can all now see and applaud u2's willingness to change
and to do so with open arms
rather than change with their feet
in the sand.

the result
even if you already dislike it
would be drastically worse
than its current output

which are two
masterpieces
in the 00's.

He who has a true idea, knows at that same time that he has a true idea, nor can he doubt concerning the truth of the thing. (Spinoza)

AtomicBono said:

U2's musical evolution is much like the path of a bird in the sky. This is why skies are a common metaphor in U2's music. Bono even says in Walk On "like a singing bird in an open cage" ... the spirit of the bird is in Bono, and that spirit is freedom. if U2 can truly free themselves like birds then their music will have no bounds and reach a level of existence too high for the masses to identify with, yet like a cloud it will be seen overhead and soon it will cover the entire sky and everyone will know the eternal truths, and U2's purpose in life will be achieved

wtf ? :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom