U2 will have the last laugh...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

He recorded Apache.

Pretty fucking influential track that changed the way a lot of people thought about guitar back when it was released in 1960.

But I'm sure you haven't heard of it. Shame about that.

the effect the beatles had on music was not on guitar alone. In fact, I wouldn't call them particularly influencial guitarwise, though Harrison has obviously influenced countless guitarists... but they were very experimental in recording aspects, also they pretty much defined the perfect pop song and expanded what was considered rock

i'm not saying the beatles are the only influencial band ever. no one is saying that. there's the velvet underground and hendrix and all kinds of shit that also changed rock music. But to deny that The Beatles really had an effect at all is ridiculous.

AtomicBono said:

the effect the beatles had on music was not on guitar alone. In fact, I wouldn't call them particularly influencial guitarwise, though Harrison has obviously influenced countless guitarists... but they were very experimental in recording aspects, also they pretty much defined the perfect pop song and expanded what was considered rock

i'm not saying the beatles are the only influencial band ever. no one is saying that. there's the velvet underground and hendrix and all kinds of shit that also changed rock music. But to deny that The Beatles really had an effect at all is ridiculous.

I'm not saying the Beatles weren't influential. I'm saying that I don't like their music and that people focus so intently on the Beatles that they fail to give credit where credit is due. The Shadows are just one example of that.

AtomicBono said:

ugh not you again...is there any music you don't find insipid? :wink:

Last I heard, CrownVCJ was a big fan of all the crazy shit my fridge's humming has been putting on record.

AtomicBono said:

The Beatles were nothing more than the circumstantial poster-children for a greater movement, fueled by more experimental and underplayed artist of which the likes of you would know little. Therefore, only a true connoisseur of music could possibly understand where the origins of many derivitave artists of today were birthed. This is fact.

Axver said:

I'm not saying the Beatles weren't influential. I'm saying that I don't like their music and that people focus so intently on the Beatles that they fail to give credit where credit is due. The Shadows are just one example of that.

Well, it seems to me The Shadows primarily affected guitar, and like I said the primary influence of The Beatles was not on guitar, but on recording music and pop culture, as well as the craft of songwriting

Axver said:

Last I heard, CrownVCJ was a big fan of all the crazy shit my fridge's humming has been putting on record.

Actually, a good friend of mine, Shawne Sebastian, has done a lot of work with his band exploring the musical potential of automobiles and other common appliances.

CrownVCJ said:

The Beatles were nothing more than the circumstantial poster-children for a greater movement, fueled by more experimental and underplayed artist of which the likes of you would know little. Therefore, only a true connoisseur of music could possibly understand where the origins of many derivitave artists of today were birthed. This is fact.

did you know? radiohead would not exist without the beatles

CrownVCJ said:

Win.

AtomicBono said:

Radiohead not existing would be a good thing.

I'm sure xavi's now about to turn on me.

AtomicBono said:

Recent advances in quantum physics have revealed that the future may actually decide the past. If you elevate your thoughtbeing to this level of realization, the Beatles would not have existed without Radiohead.

CrownVCJ said:

Recent advances in quantum physics have revealed that the future may actually decide the past. If you elevate your thoughtbeing to this level of realization, the Beatles would not have existed without Radiohead.

Everything exists because I haven't had enough chocolate today.

xaviMF22 said:
OK COMPUTER >>> POP

sorry AtomicBono :p

but it's true :wink:

blasphemy.

I'm not even sure if OK Computer is radiohead's best album. Regardless, Pop is pretty much the best album ever so.

crownvcj, please let me ride in your time machine. i'd love to see how radiohead invented all music ever

theoretically

radiohead did not invent all music ever

because a band from 10 years from now

will dictate the past

ergo

unnamed band 2017

will have invented u2, radiohead, beatles.

and then unnamed band 2027
will do the same to unnamed band 2017

it truly is remarkable.

xaviMF22 said:
OK COMPUTER >>> POP

sorry AtomicBono :p

but it's true :wink:

I'd only put Achtung ahead of OK Computer. Others would believe JT, that's fine too. I'd be amazed if any member of U2 disagreed with that either.

AtomicBono said:

blasphemy.

I'm not even sure if OK Computer is radiohead's best album. Regardless, Pop is pretty much the best album ever so.

crownvcj, please let me ride in your time machine. i'd love to see how radiohead invented all music ever

nah

both came out in 97..

both were supposed to change the face of music or something :wink:

both mix rock & electronic music

but who did it better

RADIO FUCKIN HEAD :drool:

but I still luv ya AtomicBono :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom