U2 will have the last laugh...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
last unicorn said:
I want to say to the original poster that I really enjoyed reading your post, especially because you are taking on a position that is unpopular here, and the bitter responses are predictable. I like your positive way of seeing things. But some people live in the past so much I feel sorry for them.

Me to... I loved your post.

"There's no fighting in the war room!"

dr.strangelove-763806.jpg

The fact is that U2 is still together, still writing great stuff, still putting on amazing shows, and still doing great things!

Oh I just can't help myself. But really? GREAT things?
"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head"

Great? Really?

Again, what is it you guys are all smoking? Because I got at least five on it.

roy said:

Never mind I did a google. Dear oh dear Axver. Get a life. That is so sad.

Get a life? I'm the one who has a life by not bothering to read a longwinded post of dubious value.

notiti said:

Great? Really?

Just out of curiosity, do you have children?

Dana

notiti said:

Great? Really?

I dont smoke anything thankyouverymuch. Yes U2 are still writing GREAT stuff! :madspit: Have you ever heard a song called "Yaweh"!? :love:

Axver said:

Get a life? I'm the one who has a life by not bothering to read a longwinded post of dubious value.

:lol:

And yet you find the time to not only read and reply to one post in this thread, but two. (and I suspect you actually did read the original post, but have been just dying to use that oh-so-cool [but it really isn't, you know] tl;dr comment too)

Face it babe, you are every bit as much a dopey nerd as the rest of us. :wink:

indra said:

:lol:

And yet you find the time to not only read and reply to one post in this thread, but two. (and I suspect you actually did read the original post, but have been just dying to use that oh-so-cool [but it really isn't, you know] tl;dr comment too)

Face it babe, you are every bit as much a dopey nerd as the rest of us. :wink:

Actually, theu2fly and I have a bit of a negative history, so I read the first few boring paragraphs, figured it had no hope of going anywhere, and gave up. I did, however, scroll through the thread because I was expecting a poorly constructed random setlist to come out of the blue somewhere.

But of course I'm a dopey nerd; why else would I be here? :wink:

mike hewson said:

I dont smoke anything thankyouverymuch. Yes U2 are still writing GREAT stuff! :madspit: Have you ever heard a song called "Yaweh"!? :love:

Yaweh is the best example you can give of U2 still being great? Really?

Axver said:
I did, however, scroll through the thread because I was expecting a poorly constructed random setlist to come out of the blue somewhere.

ba-zing!

Someone just got Axvered.

Axver said:

But of course I'm a dopey nerd; why else would I be here? :wink:

Just as long as you don't shun us and go and try to join some other group. After all soon dopey nerds are going to achieve world domination. :yes:

The personal attacks in this thread need to stop.

Debate your opinions without taking jabs at others, or dont say anything at all.

bonosgirl84 said:
You don't have to have children.

It's almost the shittiest lyric ever recorded.

And I am a mother.
Right behind "Miami, my mammy" and "baby, baby, baby, light my way"

bonosgirl84 said:

You don't have to have children.

It's almost the shittiest lyric ever recorded.

And I am a mother.

Just conducting my own little survey. Usually people who have children understand the sentiment in that line but there are always exceptions. That's not a put down to you either, I was really just curious. I am a mother too, but not an overly sentimental one and usually not one to react in a typically motherly fashion to things but that line struck me as really beautiful. I like to ask people who comment on that particular lyric whether or not they have kids to just kind of see if it's one of those parent type things.

The problem with all art is that it is subjective and just because I don't like it doesn't mean that everyone won't so something has to be really horribly awful for me to say it's bad. I'll just say I don't like it. There is a difference between stuff that is truly bad and stuff that is just not up my alley. But then again I never did get into the whole genre ideas when it comes to music. If someone asks what I like I really don't know how to answer that cause I like what I like and it really doesn't have anything to do with particular types of music at all. I guess that's what I get for watching everything from Lawrence Welk to Liberace to Grand Ole Opry to American Bandstand while I was growing up.

Dana

i fear no man of ax

i do enjoy 'their very first single' (in bono's words) 11 o clock tick tock

it is a good song

the rendition they did in chicago elevation makes me giggle how they messed up.

imo, it is a good song.

Mountain Dew Ma said:
imo,

u2 are good.

and i love pop.

and the bomb.

the only album i dislike

is their second album.

dude i am diggin your username a lot

pretty much i think we're soulmates

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKIN XTREME BRAH

hot eats,

cool treats.

chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard :up:

in relevance to this thread,

city is very streets esque in the fact that it is an epic song, imo.

one of u2's finest. better than mofo? maybe not. in terms of concert opening.

better than elevation and zoo station? yes.

as good as streets in that regard?

perhaps.

time will tell.

as per

"freedom has a scent / / like the top of a new born baby's head"

lyric

it is not the worst u2 lyric. bono has used many worse than that.

is it his best? ,
no it is not.

is it his worst? ,
no it is not.

it is what it is: a lyric aimed to hit the nostril senses during a song giving thanks to medicine.

odd, but bono is an odd duck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom