U2 will be playing in Cannes at the 3D premiere Pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ntalwar said:

I was surprised too. I noticed his Explorer there, as well as Bono's Gretsch in the video.

Exactly though none are bein played

So Bono went from a washed down version of the Fly to rehashing his Pop look.

I hope that all the ad nauseam and tiresome weight/bald yackers post their pictures when they're 45 also. And they better have rock hard bodies and thick long hair then, judging by their standards.

U2girl said:

I hope that all the ad nauseam and tiresome weight/bald yackers post their pictures when they're 45 also. And they better have rock hard bodies and thick long hair then, judging by their standards.

agreed. i wake up this morning and i still see people bashing bono's belly. i even think that i saw a dirty comment made about it. it's like vertigo doesnt matter to them at all. unbelievable :tsk:

Last edited:
the guitars were recorded. there were so many guitar tracks flying around for Vertigo, and Edge was playing what he normally does. you can't get that tone for Streets with that guitar. why would Edge use a les paul for those songs? we all know what kind of a tone monster Edge is. he would never sacrifice his guitar sound just to use a Music Rising guitar. and he didn't. the guitar tracks were recorded.

bono has gone from wearing his guitar as a clothing item to using it as furniture on stage.

Last edited:
Pleban moment: Nevermind the Bono jokes, :rolleyes:I could barely take my eyes off Adam! That hair! I think it makes him look younger. :drool:

/pleban moment

Oh and his Lakland bass is sweet too! Are those pearloid blocks on the neck of his bass? :drool:

If I had an extra $3000 or so laying around.

Last edited:
did you guys notice the silver fox? he puts all the other u2 members' looks to shame :drool:

discothequeLP said:
the guitars were recorded. there were so many guitar tracks flying around for Vertigo, and Edge was playing what he normally does. you can't get that tone for Streets with that guitar. why would Edge use a les paul for those songs? we all know what kind of a tone monster Edge is. he would never sacrifice his guitar sound just to use a Music Rising guitar. and he didn't. the guitar tracks were recorded.

That was a shame! :| "Fake" use the Gibson for Fender Tele/Strato songs...I wonder why he would do that? And the backing tape couldn't be more obvious than in Vertigo! Especially the coda where you hear 2 guitars all of a sudden! Well done! :madspit:

discothequeLP said:

True. He plays Vertigo live differently than that.

I've always really liked Bono's Pop look, so I'm really pleased he's decided to adopt it again, it's just a pity it was so late on in the Vertigo tour and there's so little footage of it. I liked the long hair look of the late eighties, but thought it looked too much on Vertigo, the shaven head suits him much better for where he is now IMO. No doubt they'll be another image change by the time of the new album though.

DevilsShoes said:
No doubt they'll be another image change by the time of the new album though.

Bono will be dressed as Barney the Dinosaur, Edge as Thomas The Tank Engine, Adam as Tinky Winky the Teletubbie, and Larry will have retreated into hiding at the horror of such an image.

They should get a mean look for the next album!

band26.jpg

U2Man said:
agreed. i wake up this morning and i still see people bashing bono's belly. i even think that i saw a dirty comment made about it.

Nuzzling isn't a dirty thing, you puritan. :tsk:

U2Man said:
agreed. i wake up this morning and i still see people bashing bono's belly. i even think that i saw a dirty comment made about it. it's like vertigo doesnt matter to them at all. unbelievable :tsk:

No, YOU are unbelievable. You are the one that started all this. Dont play innocent now :down:

forbonou2 said:
:eyebrow: Oh common, you all.....what's a movie without Popcorn?! Bono is no different! :corn: :hi5:

I hope he put some caramel on it...:drool: Bono is a rock star; he needs to live like one! :yes:

discothequeLP said:

Bullshit , though Vertigo does sound pre-recorded , Streets is no way recorded , u can easily listen the les-pauled tone in streets

bono called elvis "fat".

bono invented his "fat lady" alter ego.

bono is full of humour. unlike some members of this board.

U2Man said:
bono called elvis "fat".

bono invented his "fat lady" alter ego.

bono is full of humour. unlike some members of this board.

don't fight it...I don't to see you get banned :(

J_NP said:

Bullshit , though Vertigo does sound pre-recorded , Streets is no way recorded , u can easily listen the les-pauled tone in streets

1. recording one song but not the other? doesn't make sense.

2. though the audio quality in the recordings we have is shit, that is not the les paul tone. he even does the whammy bar part without a whammy bar! if Edge starts using a Les Paul for Streets on the next tour, then you may have a point. but we all know that's not going to happen. if this performance was actually live, he'd have no reason to all of a sudden change guitars.

ntalwar said:

So why does he do an audible guitar check before the start of Vertigo?

so Edge plays a couple chords before the music starts, and then the Vertigo guitar kicks in 3x louder. with the exact same attacks as the album version. hmmmmmmm....

ntalwar said:

At what point does Dallas cut the power to Edge's amp? :rolleyes:

my guess is that it's on, considering the little 'soundtest' edge does. did nobody notice that guy standing at a mixer next to larry and right behind edge? i wonder what he was there for...

Back
Top Bottom