U2 when you least expect them...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Have you ever had a moment when you're just going about your day and then *bam* encounter something U2 related without ever expecting it.

I'm at work right now and I went to Getty Images to find a picture I need for the project I'm working on. Anyone who has ever used Getty Images knows that on the front page, there is a picture on the right side that changes everytime you refresh. So, the screen loads and who is staring back at me but Bono!!! I gasped outloud and started grinning like an idiot. You would think I'd never seen his picture before. But it made my day!

What kind of unexpected U2 moments do you have?

Yesterday I had my portable cd player with me and it started playing cause I forgot to flip my batery around so it doesnt play and I heard it playin so I put the headphones up to my ears to see if I knew the song and guess what it was!!!!!!!! Where the streets have no name! My fave song! I was in class but class hadnt started yet, so I started freakin out! I was so happy! I was havin a bad day up untill then! Exams...:madspit:

I've had two just in the past week. One of the papers I subscribe to has a monthly feature where they have various newsmakers/issues "compete" for story of the month. I was so surprised and pleased to see that not only was Bono in the "play-offs", but in the end he actually won. He was newsmaker of the month. They devoted a full page to this--cool!
And just yesterday, the same paper had a feature on the three front-runners in the Canadian election, with their best "props" and "photo-ops". For the Prime Minister, Paul Martin, Bono was named as both best prop and best photo-op. The writers said things like, "No one could look bad in a photo next to Bono", and referred to him as this century's John Lennon. (Not sure what that means, but I'm sure they meant it in a nice way.):yes:

:laugh: I've had at least three already today! The new Rolling Stone came and there's a nice picture of Bono in the first few pages, plus a column about Red Rocks. I went for a ride in the car a few minutes ago and turned on the radio and Mysterious Ways was playing. I had the typical :hyper: reaction...not like I don't have it all over the place in my CD collection, but it's just different to randomly here it on the radio!

:heart: Random U2 moments :heart:

I was thinking of posting something about this... :shifty:

I was at a certain type of bar for my friend's bachelorette party :macdevil: and when the men came out to dance ... a remix of Beautiful Day came on!!!! :lol: That I definitely didn't expect!

Happened to me yesterday. I was driving in my car trying to find some decent music on the radio-a major undertaking in this part of the country! I switched stations & came in on the second line of "Stuck in a Moment". I actually screamed, then started laughing & singing. No doubt the people sitting at the red light with me thought I had lost my mind!! :lmao:

One day I parked in front of this building and the address was B -U2 or something and I smiled.. Then I went inside a store and came back out and got in my car and turned on the radio and "Bad" was playing on the radio.

Back when the MSN home page was my home page for the Internet on my computer at work, I logged on one day and guess whose picture was there? Bono's! I can't remember exactly what it was for, but it was a really nice way to start the day.

Last week I got into my car after going shopping and when I turned on the car Seconds came on the radio...talk about a random song! I recently changed ISP's and I was scrolling the main page only to find a small picture of Bono and news clip to go along with it...made the switch worthwhile!

It seems that whenever I start to *lose it*at work Stuck in A Moment comes on. I always calm down.
:huh: :| :eyebrow: :angry: :rant: Stuck in a Moment:ohmy: :eeklaugh: :D

I was at the store and there was this long line so i grab a magizine. I was flipping through it and low and behold theres was a picture of Bono and a story on his sppech at philly. i was giggling the old lady in front of thought i was crazy.:D

I actually had a moment today, when I was watching my tv guide channel which plays music and Beautiful Day came on so I gasped in surprise and listen to the song even though I had already been through the channels.

This actually happened a while ago. I was flipping through my Spanish 2 book, and there
was this grammer box thingy that taught you how to say certain phrases. Well, this particular one was teaching how to say the phrase " imagine that" in spanish, and attached the phrase to a sentence. This sentence roughly said "Imagine eso, yo oy? que est? viniendo U2 aqu?." Which basically transaltes to "Imagine that, I heard U2 is coming here."

Did I mention that Spanish is fun and educational?:p

Another instance that happened not long ago was when I was skimming through the stats for horse racing in the sports section of the paper, there was a particular horse who had the name "Spanish Eyes." I had always thought the name would be nice for a racehorse so I was pleasently surprised when I happened across this one. I have no idea if the owners are U2 fans or not, but they sure know how to pick good names.:wink:

Last edited:
In my daughter's keyboarding class in highschool, once she had to type something like "U2 won the grammy for Album of the Year in 1987". She came home that night and asked me if it was true!

happens to me all the time, either randomly popping up on the radio in the truck, or in my newspaper or friggin CNN.com or something, i'm getting infamous for this... my friends are starting to get wiggy around me because I can 9 times out of 10 hit something U2 on the radio....

it's fun. :D

yesterday I went to the mall... and parked on the U2 slot... (you know...u1, u2, v3, a4... that).. I was all :hyper:

I'll do that every chance I got

i was at the bookstore yesterday and saw a picture, all i saw was small tuft of black hair sticking up on the cover. So im standing in line waiting to pay for my book until i realise 'Thats bonos hair!!" So i walk up to the mag and pull it up. Sure enough, its the fly smirking at me. So i yell to my mom 'Mom its bono its bono! buy this for me!" (fifteen dollars for one magazine) So yeah, im now "the crazy bono lady from the bookstore":wave:

I almost had a heart attack when I found a U2 mention in my mom's Bon Appetit magazine! It was the March issue and they had a section about restaraunts in Dublin. They talked about The Tea Room and how the cabbage potato cakes are made to Edge's specifications! They also said that The Tea Room has some of the best desserts in Dublin compared to the other restaraunts they rated.

Let's see ...

I was on the train once and there was this guy sitting in front of me with headphones on. And because I hate having to listen to other people's noise, I was going to move away. But then I listened closer ... and it was WOWY! So I had to stay and listen. :D Ahhh, unexpected U2.

Just got back from vacay - was at seaworld orlando and freakishly hot- standing in line for snowcones and truned around to see at least three different drawings of Bono at one of those stands that you can get your picture drawn - quite a good job as no one was working at the stand I couldn't inquire further into why so many Bono's were staring at me (could have been heat induced)
Other than that I do have a way of finding u2 songs - ISHFWILF on musac in the hospital (I always have to get into the car after my shift and cleanse myself with the original version)

i love it when my arlam goes on in the morning, and the radio starts playing, and its a U2 song. it absoluly makes my day when it happens!!!

nurse chrissi said:
Other than that I do have a way of finding u2 songs - ISHFWILF on musac in the hospital (I always have to get into the car after my shift and cleanse myself with the original version)

:lmao: :lmao:

My best friend is always telling me that Musac plays U2. I'm glad I don't have to go through that torture. :no:

I was in the drug store recently, looking for the Rolling Stones magazine mentioned in the news section here, and New Years Day came on in the store. Didn't find the mag. but I was standing under a speaker - sounded fairly good for a store

:wink: Yep-was trying on work shoes in K-Mart(since Pop-I feel like they are lurking around there, somewhere...:shifty: ...lol!)and I hear...bono singing..'its a beautiful daaaaaaay...'! Oh yeah-I just said 'Sing It Bono!' and can't help singing along...!:wink:

I was on vacation in Argentina in April and twice I had unexpected U2 moments...the first was when I was walking through this trendy furniture/home furnishings mall called Buenos Aires Design, I'm walking through and In A Little While starts playing on the speakers...not only that, but it was a remix of IALW! Was reminiscent in beat to one of the IGWSHA remixes...I'm usually up on everything out there, but I had not heard of a IALW remix before...still looking to see where it came from! Anyway, I stood there near the loudspeakers like a dweeb until the song was over. :D

The other was in a pizza cafe in Salta in NW Argentina. I sat down for dinner and just then they started to play a whole slew of U2 songs, must have been a custom tape because the songs were from all eras of U2.

We have a new Kroger that just opened, i went in to check it out, didn't find anything exciting. I'm on my way out, and they have those U-scans on the ends of the store so you can theoretically check out quickly (why do soooooooooo many people STILL not know how to use them and take forever!! :banghead: )

Wait - where was I going with that? :scratch:

Ah yes! So these are "U-scan checkouts", and they have lighted squares over the checkout with the lane numbers - U1, U2, U3, etc - if I had found something to buy, of course I would have waited for the U2 lane, even if the line was the longest :heart:

Back
Top Bottom