U2 went home due to anthrax at Bono's girls school

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The Sun reports..

"U2?s Bono and The Edge had been due to take part. But an anthrax scare at the school Bono?s children go to in Ireland forced them to pull out at the last minute."

I assume the girls were ok as nothing has been reported about their health.

What next?!!

What were U2 due to take part in?

Blargy Anthrax.

mad.gif

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

Sicy's Website

that's horrible
frown.gif

i've been looking all over for the reason cos it just didnt seem right. thanks Manda

i wish this crap would just end

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

Im sure they would have said something if there was a problem. Im sure it was just a scare.
We've been having scares in Australia since it started but nothing has really developed.

--------------
Bebe
Bono's Dancing Queen

i know everyones just freaked out right now.
you know most of this stuff is coming from my county or about 20 mins away from where i live and i dont even feel worried. i must just be really stupid or something

im just glad his girls are ok

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

*%$#!!!!!!!!!! Feck.

That's really retarded. I'm sorry, but it REALLY is. Everything's been messed up in DC (close to me) bc of anthrax. I hate this. Feck feck feck pardon me whilst I swear incoherently like Larry.....

Yosemite sam voice: Ooooooooooooh that makes me mad

------------------
~*Mona*~the Shamrock n rolla!
block champ at Nintendo
queen of innuendo

DREAM OUT LOUD

I hate this with a purple passion too. There have been so many funerals lately here in the suburbs of N.Y. because of the WTC tragedy, and now this anthrax garbage just won't go away. I know the media is creating a frenzy with this, but still, it's out there and it's affecting people's lives. A friend of mine who is also a big U2 fan is going to the MSG 10/24 with me, but she has been so afraid to go because of everything happening she almost gave her ticket away! I have had to talk to her for days to convince her to not let fear run our lives.( I better not be wrong, huh?) If this is true about it affecting U2 directly, then I'm even sadder (and angrier) today.
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by JasonD (edited 10-22-2001).]

The paper this was reported in "The Sun" is the biggest tabloid piece of shite in the UK so there will be no truth in the Anthrax bit at all just to resassure you.I think we can safely say "family matters" is a personal issue and so should it be.

'On a lighter note'

I mis-read the title. I know Boners got a reputation for being a horny guy, but to go and buy his own girls school is pushing it.

'Ooookaaaaay'

I'd SO like to see Bono as a Principal, I reckon all Hymn classes would never be the same again..........
biggrin.gif

anyway, the tabloids, yeah, dont believe the hype.......just some idiots with big fat doughnuts sittin behind a desk all day trying to make up scary news to make us all go
eek.gif
, when really all the girls here want to rip U2's clothes off, and all the boys here wanna be them, right?

up tabloid's bums with a bubble capsule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............................. is what I say!

of course, if its true.......then..........Im dead, I guess.....
rolleyes.gif

Let's not forget that in Baltimore Bono knew he wasn't going to be at the NY tribute. If something serious was happening with his girls there is no doubt in my mind he would and should fly home immediately- even cancelling a U2 show. That's why I don't think this Anthrax scare was serious.

Let's also keep in mind these pranks are happening everywhere- even where I work- and that's what 99% of them are- pranks, by a bunch of a*&holes.

I just hope he had a good break at home and got some rest and spent some quality time w/ his fam.

------------------
She got soul, soul, soul, sweet soul
And she teach me how to sing

* U2TakeMeHigher *

I don't understand this. THE LAST MINUTE?? Then why did they tell fans in Baltimore Friday they were not attending, and why did they film the "sorry" message the night before as Rebecca Rankin announced on VH-1?
Also, there is no school on Saturday. I have not heard about Ireland being targeted. Are you sure this isn't sensationalism by the Sun? Of course, if it is true, it's terrible and I wish the best for Bono and his family. Still, if it was that urgent and they knew it Friday I don't believe they would have played the Baltimore show, which was very good and they did not seem upset at all. They were sweet and in very good spirits. I just don't know what to think.

As I said in another thread, if Bono's daughter was freaked out by the situation at her school and wanted her dad home, what dad wouldn't go to his daughter to comfort her? This is Bono. He's a rock star but more important, he's a dad. Let the guy be.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

if it's true (and i'm skeptical) then it was really sweet of bono. he's such a great guy...
smile.gif

also, (and i don't need specifics, cause i'm not stalking them or anything) but do bono's girls attend some expensive private school? where children of important people would be educated? cause (and i know there was no anthrax found) but anthrax is awful extreme of a threat for a children's school in Ireland.

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

On the 60 min. II interview last fall it claimed Bono and Edge send their kids to free public schools.

I still don't buy this story for the reasons in my last post on this thread.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
The Sun reports..

"U2?s Bono and The Edge had been due to take part. But an anthrax scare at the school Bono?s children go to in Ireland forced them to pull out at the last minute."

I assume the girls were ok as nothing has been reported about their health.

What next?!!

I don't believe this. It couldn't have been last minute-see U2Kitten's first post.
Also, as far as i know, there are no anthrax cases in Ireland.

That said, it was probably just a false alarm. There were some "suspicious envelopes" here in Slovenia too-but no confirmed anthrax cases. Just some sick pranks.

------------------
"That's why i still love playing live in a rock'n'roll band. There's just this feeling of this thing could just about do anything..." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things no one else can do. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-23-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom