U2 vs Shania Twain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Both are releasing their new albums in the same week in November.

Shaina's last album sold like 25 Million worldwide so it looks like the new Best Of will not be debut at #1 in North America. I think Shania is huge in Europe also, so it will be tough there.

Shania & Celene Dion are probably the only artist that would prevent a U2 album from debuting at #1 in Canada where I live.

*sees topic*

:laugh:

and :lol: some more.

I don't really care about the charts. All I know is that whatever U2 releases, whenever they release it and whoever they're "up against" it'll be great as always. :happy:

or they could release it sooner and not have to worry about that, lol. i mean really, it's a greatest hits with only two new songs (that i'd assume are finished by now). what's left to do?

Since the Best Of is not a studio album but a greatest hits compliation, I doubt it would debut at #1 regardless of who else was releasing albums that week.

You may recall, I bought a Shania Twain Cd single on my drive home from Popmart
POPMART!!!!:love: **cass faints** again.
So there is that nostalgic link for me, cool.
But I own **cass holds her arms that far apart** that many U2 CD's and only still the one Shania Twain single. U2 are safe in my books.

On no!! a new Shania album? new Shania singles? hits?
My old mum does not like Shania, at all, and she likes telling me, again and again...that's not country!!! oh no!!!!

indeed

wertsie said:
*I don't really care about the charts. All I know is that whatever U2 releases, whenever they release it and whoever they're "up against" it'll be great as always. :happy:

I agree....look at some of the crap people are going out en mass to buy....it's all hype.

I don't really care about who sells more records....Quality far outweighs quantity....

Shania is one gorgeous babe though! drool! sorry had to defend her here! Come to What a Bomb Shania babe, I'll protect you from those nasty comments! lol!:heart:

FLOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all these " best of " are not that important , ofcourse it's very cool , u got new pics in booklet , 2 new songs + b-sides , but i would prefer if U2 tour and make albums more ofthen , remember the 80's?? , more they toured , more music they made , more fresh ideas .

Re: FLOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pinkfloyd said:
all these " best of " are not that important , ofcourse it's very cool , u got new pics in booklet , 2 new songs + b-sides , but i would prefer if U2 tour and make albums more ofthen , remember the 80's?? , more they toured , more music they made , more fresh ideas .

:up:

cass said:
You may recall, I bought a Shania Twain Cd single on my drive home from Popmart
which one was it?

it's funny cuz i remember when her cd was like, the big thing. my friend's a fan of hers, and i remember we were counting all the singles she'd released off of it. i think there were all but two songs off the cd that became singles. sheesh.

i mean, if you make a good album, (by someone's standards) then great for you, but imo releasing like 14/16 singles is like, just trying to capitalize and make every single solitary possible penny you can. but i know it was her record company really.

anyway, i too doubt U2's greatest hits would debut at #1 anyway.

I don't give a damn who sells the most records that week. Shania's OK, she'll sell lots of records, I don't have any trouble with that. I don't know that U2 are expecting major fireworks with a compilation. I remember Bono said he was shocked that the first compilation did as well as it did.

whom are u kidding ???

verte76 said:
I remember Bono said he was shocked that the first compilation did as well as it did.

common "shocked" ???? it never happened , full pack of hits sells itself easily , especially after POPMART financial failure .

:shame: :wink: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom