U2 vs. Bon Jovi (The Ultimate Battle)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Band Is Better?

• U2

Votes: 112 87.5%
  • Bon Jovi

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • It is much too difficult to choose between them!

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters

Miggy D

War Child
A battle to end all battles:

Which band is better - U2 or Bon Jovi?

Both bands have had their share of hits. Both lead singers had long hair in the 80s. If we compare both bands' catalogues, which one is stonger? Which band will be remembered 20, 30, even 40 years from now? Is 'Slippery When Wet' superior to 'The Joshua Tree', or vice versa? Does 'With Or Without You' hold a candle to 'Livin' On A Prayer'? Is 'Wanted Dead Or Alive' Bon Jovi's 'Where The Streets Have No Name'?

Both have had great success two decades after first becoming internationally famous: U2 with 'Beautiful Day', and Bon Jovi with 'It's My Life', and both bands were re-introduced to a whole new generation of fans as a result. Both bands' recent resurgence in popularity is a testament to their resilience, innovation, and staying power.

So what are your thoughts on the matter? These two bands have so many similarities it's scary, and they're each legendary in their own way. It's your choice, and it's a tough one!

Good luck, friends.

-Miggy D

Last edited:
Tough Choice INDEED!

The BJ or the voyeur spy plane.

My life has been rendered difficult!!!

JFEIWJF*IHWE#U

Clearly, Livin' On a Prayer is superior to With or Without You. The video alone--it was banned from MTV's rotation because it mixed scenes of Catholic mass with sex.

Clearly, Bon Jovi knew how to push buttons, and get their message across.

U2 has always been about flash and guitar riffs, there's not as much substance to them.

AvsGirl41 said:
Clearly, Livin' On a Prayer is superior to With or Without You. The video alone--it was banned from MTV's rotation because it mixed scenes of Catholic mass with sex.

Clearly, Bon Jovi knew how to push buttons, and get their message across.

U2 has always been about flash and guitar riffs, there's not as much substance to them.

Hrmm, I thought that was the video for Living In Sin off their 1988 album New Jersey that was banned.

Not sure if Miggy is having us on again here or not!?:eyebrow:

I HATE U2/Bon Jovi comparisons! Cos there isnt one!!! Bon Jovi havent made a good record in over a decade, and constantly churn out the same trash, virtually every year!:madspit:

some people have the abillity to make the stupidiest threads.
comparing bon jovi with u2 it's the same comparing USA evangelist leadears with jesus!
haven't you nothing better to do?????????????

I actually do not have anything against Bon Jovi, but they're not nearly as good as U2. Still you do have to give them credit for longevity like U2.

Find the people who voted for Bon Jovi burn them then return them to their homes.

ahuahuhuahuhauh make me laugh auhauhuahuhau

Bon Jovi is like a mouse if U2 would be compared as a WALLE

Bon Jovi sucks:huh: i think they have only one formula to songs, every song sound the same... :mad: they are very bad!!!:madspit:

WHooooooooooooooooooOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Livin on a Prayer! hehehe Bon Jovi having been releasing the SAME songs for the past 20 years nearly. Don't they get bored of singing the same slushy ballads and up tempo rockers. Having said that U2 are heading the same way with their last album. Is Sometimes You Can't Make It a tribute song to Bon Jovi???

I've seen both bands live.
It was a FREE ticket, 11th row for Bon Jovi. I took it for the cheese value in seeing the ultimate hair band live. Jon Bon Jovi looks really good for his age and that surprised me. I think he might be one of those people who looks better in person than in print. I'm slightly ashamed for admitting that on a public forum. The rest of them were total geezers. The guy who played keyboards totally cracked me up with his 80s permed hair and silver leather pants.:tsk:
The show itself was really cheesy as well, but then again, I think once you go to a U2 show, everyone else seems like an amateur.

Back
Top Bottom